• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Worlds- The Hunt Begins

Dalamar

Adventurer
Dalamar sees what his happening in the duel.
"A though choise for you, Samanosuke... To possibly dishonor yourself by striking an unarmed opponent or face the chance of loosing to an armed one."
He looks Samanosuke in the eye as he says this.

Last edited:

Darkwolf

First Post
"From what I know of honor duels, you offer him now a chance to yield. If he does not accept, anything is fair game. But I ask you not to dishonor him, so let him get his blade if he does not yield."

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ash's words if he were there come to your mind:
"What are you doing?!
Hit him!

The idiot fumbled his blade!
Take advantage of his klutziness and by God, give him what's for!"

Deedlit

First Post
"I feel that your opponent has already lost the match, and fumbling swords are a part of the duel, not that I know much about your samurai honor, but I believe you should take the advantage."

"You have fumbled with your blade. There is no holding back, and there is no taking of prisoners. You accepted a fight of submission, and now you must abide."

Samanosuke cuts the path between the elf and his weapon (since initiative is first) and takes a readied action to attack him if he goes for his sword. Samanosuke is holding his blade out, pointed at the elf, and is giving him a chance to submit.

"The Samurai cannot hold back, and the Samurai cannot submit. What is your answer? You may not agree with my take on honor, but there is no honor in giving your opponent opportunities. That is called a mistake."

"If you submit now, we could try this again sometime, when I am less lucky or you are more."

[color=sky blue]"I cannot offer better advice than the others already have Samonosuke, the best I can do is to cheer you on, and if this is your decision than it will be the right one as you follow your heart."[/color]

Yuna watches intently to see what the seelie will do, hoping for the best.

Kalanyr

Explorer
The Seelie grins

"Surely you are a warrior after our own hearts. But now it is time for me to reclaim my blade!"

The Seelie darts past Samanosuke to grab his blade and Samanosuke delivers two strikes on the Seelie as he passes, the first blow isn't even close to a hit but the second lands a blow on the Seelie, laying upon a small wound on its arm, just as it picks up its blade. And resumes its position.

(Samanosuke, its your turn again)

"Damn, you certainly are a quick creature. Lets see how you fair against this!"

Subtracting 2 from base attack bonus to add 2 to damage (power attack). If my second attack was the one scoring a hit, I might get lucky on the next roll, and the two additional damage should help.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Samanosuke strides forward and makes two mighty attacks, neither come remotely close to hitting and the Seelie in a flash of blades proceeds to leave Samanosuke lying unconscious on the ground.

Fight Breakdown
Round 1
Samanosuke: Charged rolled a 7 and missed.
Seelie: Rolled a 1 (fumbled) and rolled a 3 for the Dex Check failed

Round 2
Samanosuke got two attacks at Full BAB. One AoO and 1 from his readied action, results 3 and 20 (Hit by automatic), failed to confirm.

Round 3
Samanosuke, two attacks +7/+2 Rolled a 6 and a 5 total miss
Seelie, four attacks (2 Crits) dealt 118 points of damage.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Samanosuke awakens to find one of the musicians standing over him.

"It seems you need to learn much more before you are a match for even a member of the Hunt. But your bravery has impressed us. Ask of us 3 questions and we will answer them as truly as we may. "

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads