• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Worlds- The Hunt Begins

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- Dal is it just me or does this allow you to dispel at 5 extra caster levels relative to a core wizard for a potentially lower cost ? Not to mention granting free access to the equivalent of Greater Dispelling at Level 8. Of course seeing how limited you are in Spell points per day, I'll let this run for a while before I decide it causes major serious mega problems.

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Basically, yes. The cost is that I have to spend skill points on it. Dispel Magic is a skill like any other (ability score Wisdom), except that I have to spend spell points equal to the cost to cast the highest level spell I succesfully dispel.
Yes, it has potential for abuse, especially if taking feats like Skill Focus, but really, how often does dispel get used?

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
Deedlit, ignoring the substainial pain from the attack, draws her rapier and attacks the weird creature.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Deedlits rapier lashes out at Alexandre and he seamless ducks under it. (Total Attack: 15)

"Nope, not good enough silly girl"

Alexandre lashes out his fist's flying with disturbing speed, his first blow slamming into Deedlit for 17 points of damage as his second strikes to knock the elf out, for a further 17 points of subdual damage. As Deedlit slumpts to the ground Alexandre grins his fangs displayed prominently.

"Dinner doesn't taste as good when its dead"

He then moves towards Dalamar at top speed weaving around the attacks of opportunity he provokes from Ash and Filia (Filia Total Attack:21+2 flanking, Ash Total attack: 19+2 flanking) coming to a halt in front of Dalamar he grins.

"Wonder what you'll taste like magic man. "

Filia follows after Alexandre and swings her mace at his head (Total Attack: 18+2 flanking) but he casually avoids the blow while remaining focused on Dalamar.

Ash also follows Alexandre trying to grab him in a grapple (Total Attack Bonus 20+2 flanking+2 partial charge ) but Alexandre slides around the grab.

"Getting better but still not good enough"

Dalamar focuses his magical energies unleashing a wave at countermagic at Alexandre.

OOC- Does Dispel Magic provoke AoO ? If so I may have to rewrite this part. If not I feel somewhat justified in asking if you think the following changes are over the top, Dispelling will cost you 3 magic points for each +10 bonus or part thereof to the dispel roll to your maximum, no extra costs based on if you succeed or fail though.

The wave of countermagic washes over Alexandre eliminating several pieces of magic, he visible slows some even though he's still disturbingly fast and his background music continues unmuted.

"Hmm, guess that leaves me no question at all about who I'm gonna kill next does it magic boy ? That was seriously not part of the plan."

Alexandre looks up and shouts at the top of his voice

" MINIONS GET IN HERE NOW!"

You here scrabbling sounds coming from the next room sounds like several people running.

Alexandre's wounds have healed considerably further since several seconds ago.

Summary
Deedlit 5/35hp (17 points of subdual damage)
Ash 127/127 + Slowed
Filia 88/88
Dalamar 32/32 hp
Alexandre 24 damange, -2X healed.

Minion Initiative: 28

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- This is going a tad slow for my tastes so I'll be enforcing the 48 hour/all post and I update thing again. If you want me to play your character due to some kind of extended absence please let me know.

Oh and since the scroll Black Mage got was an interesting plot point and he's disappeared, I'll assume Dalamar would have found it near where Black Mage was sleeping.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Guess not" Dalamar answers sarcastically.
He takes a step away from Alexandre and recites arcane words with a clear voice. This time, however, his spell is not aimed at the menace looming before him but to bring forth a blade of electricity in his own hand.

OoC: Hmm, it seems like an oversight by the book, but nowehere does it say if it provokes AoOs. But judging from the fact that it duplicates what used to be a spell I'd say it does and then Dalamar took a 5ft. step back before using the skill.
I also noticed that I need to douple check my spell lists, I have ones that I shouldn't have access to (Wall of Force and some others, haven't used any of those yet though).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads