• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes: Season One

WayneLigon

Adventurer
megamania said:
What were other peoples thoughts on the show?

One of the most perfect and flawless shows I've ever seen. Right up there with the rebooted Battlestar Gallactica first season and Babylon 5.

warlord

First Post
Babylon 5 had plenty problems. Like the fact it was part of the Star Trek franchise. I do agree with you on Heroes thogh. Not only does it have great plot lines it also has the world's hottest cheerleader.

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
warlord said:
Babylon 5 had plenty problems. Like the fact it was part of the Star Trek franchise. I do agree with you on Heroes thogh. Not only does it have great plot lines it also has the world's hottest cheerleader.

Umm Warlord was that sarcasm? I can't tell if you really think b5 was a Trek series or not...

Merlion

First Post
warlord said:

Babylon 5 was more or less the diametric oposite of Star Trek in like every way.

Klaus

First Post
Heroes took about 4 or 5 episodes to reel me in. But once I got there, I was a fan. The show is very good, very surprising. Unlike Lost, the answers come at a steady pace, and new misteries are presented.

As for the complaints about the (admitedly, poorly staged) final fight and its casualties, there weren't many precisely because it was scripted as a comic book fight. Still, if the show has one problem is its action scenes and fight stunts.

Klaus

First Post
warlord said:
Babylon 5, or Deep Space Nine?

Klaus said:
As for the complaints about the (admitedly, poorly staged) final fight and its casualties, there weren't many precisely because it was scripted as a comic book fight. Still, if the show has one problem is its action scenes and fight stunts.

I'm sure much of this is related to production costs.

warlord

First Post
Its not sarcasm. I have a HUGE problem with Star Trek. I really tried to like it but its all "Let's talk to overly human looking aliens for 40 minutes then stun something with our phasers." It never really reeled me in. I guess Star Wars spoiled it for me.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
warlord said:
Its not sarcasm. I have a HUGE problem with Star Trek. I really tried to like it but its all "Let's talk to overly human looking aliens for 40 minutes then stun something with our phasers." It never really reeled me in. I guess Star Wars spoiled it for me.
So instead of humanoid aliens that we blow up in 40 minutes, its humans we blow/slice up in 2 hrs. :D

The question the folks were raising was if you realized that B5 and Star Trek has nothing to do w/ each other or not.

jonathan swift

First Post
megamania said:
1) Who or what is this Boogieman that Molly fears so much and is he even a bad guy? She fears him simplily because he can see her when she "detects" him. This would mean the Company knows of him also I would guess.

The Boogieman IS Sylar. The one who can see her is someone worse.

2) Peter, Nathan and Hiro's parents seem to be involved in a long term scheme to use superpowers for world domination. Besides Ledderman, whom else is involved (Boogieman?) and how wide scope is this?

The guy Peter was taking care of at the beginning of the series was a part of it as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads