• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes: Season One

Phoenix8008

First Post
jonathan swift said:
The guy Peter was taking care of at the beginning of the series was a part of it as well.
Yep, and that was Simone's father. The girl Isaac accidentally shot while trying to kill Peter. That man had the dream related power that Peter picked up.

Klaus

First Post
warlord said:
Its not sarcasm. I have a HUGE problem with Star Trek. I really tried to like it but its all "Let's talk to overly human looking aliens for 40 minutes then stun something with our phasers." It never really reeled me in. I guess Star Wars spoiled it for me.
The sarcasm question was made because Babylon 5 is NOT Star Trek. It's an entirely different universe. The "space station show" set in the Star Trek universe was "Deep Space Nine".

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I Love Heroes and have been hooked since day 1. Season 1's ending kind of annoyed me on a few levels, but all-in-all I am really psyched for Season 2. :D

jonathan swift

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Yep, and that was Simone's father. The girl Isaac accidentally shot while trying to kill Peter. That man had the dream related power that Peter picked up.

Right, right. I was going to put that he was Simone's father, but couldn't remember her name.

He's also the guy who saw Peter during his time traveling/vision/whatever thingie.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
warlord said:
Its not sarcasm. I have a HUGE problem with Star Trek. I really tried to like it but its all "Let's talk to overly human looking aliens for 40 minutes then stun something with our phasers." It never really reeled me in. I guess Star Wars spoiled it for me.

As the prior poster said, I think you are confusing two different shows. Babylon 5 was not and is not a Star Trek franchise show. They have nothing in common other than both are space shows, and one of the Star Trek shows (Deep Space 9) also involved a space station.

Deep Space 9 was the best of the Star Trek shows in my opinion by the way, and not a whole lot like the rest of the Star Trek franchise, but that is a different topic.

Phoenix8008

First Post
jonathan swift said:
Right, right. I was going to put that he was Simone's father, but couldn't remember her name.

He's also the guy who saw Peter during his time traveling/vision/whatever thingie.
The 'time traveling/vision/whatever thingie' WAS the old man's power and therefore Peters also. I think he could journey in his dreams or maybe see the past or future. Perfect for Recon. When Peter appeared there in the past (or in his dream about the past) the guy was able to sense him because Peter was using his power. Also was probably behind his dreams of flying back in the very first episode.

Oh how I wish I had the Season 1 DVD's to go back and watch... :(

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Got the DVDs and watched them late into the night with my wife, who never gets hooked like this. I really did not like the Sylar non-resolution. It was time to move onto a new villain, and how can they contain him? I enjoyed what they did with Bennett. I did not like the 5 years into the future Haitian - or how Parkman stole the diamonds (though I liked how he turned out in the 5 years into the future). Overall, great, great, captivating show.

I cannot watch on Mondays, and don't have Tivo as we watch virtually no tv. I'm not sure what I'll do this year, as I'd like to participate in all the speculation on the net....

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I did that for about 1/2 the year last year, but it was just too annoying on my really old, bad monitor. Plus, now my wife likes the show....Plus, the computer room is right outside my kids' room, so I need to turn the volume way down....Just too many negatives to watching on my computer, though I admit to being very tempted...

Phoenix8008

First Post
Just to make the temptation worse...

On the bright side, now the video player they have on the site is quite a bit bigger than the one from last year. I remember trying to see some details on that 2x3 inch screen and missing some because of it. The new video player they have starts at around 4x5 in. and can expand to larger or even full screen mode. As for noise, can you plug headphones into it anywhere? Just some ideas. Hope you are able to enjoy it somehow, otherwise I hope you enjoy the DVDs of season 2 when they come out! :heh:

Remove ads