• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroics around Hommlet [IC]

Seonaid

Explorer
"Looks like we're here, kids!" Toriah says cheerfully. He casts a critical eye on the scene before them. "Maybe someone should check out that warehouse, as its doors appear to be open."

[Toriah would definitely want to be last, but if anyone argues strongly against it, he'll -probably- comply.]

Zerth

First Post
As patience is not one of Kerrax' virtues he doesn't need any more encouragement. "You found that someone in me," he tells Toriah and walks towards the warehouse door.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Raven readies her crossbow, and keeps to the rear. She let's the others focus on the structures. She keeps her eyes on the trees and other surroundings.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Then:
Astatia will probably end up riding point for the group, using height and mobility to keep out of trouble and dropping back occassionally to keep contact.

Now:
As the mine comes into sight she halts Sashla and studies the scene with what detail she can at that range.
"One warehouse, one cabin. No sign of life. Where do the miners live then, underground? she shrugs, "Possibly safer there, but I can't see any sign of a cook fire or anything like that."

She hangs back with Raven as the others head straight in and looks at Kerrax, "I think I'll circle the perimeter first and see what I can find. I'd rather not walk straight into what could be an ambush without checking around first. Apart from me you are the most mobile, will you join me?"

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah glances at the others and then the scene. "Too easy for this to be an ambush," he murmurs. "No cover out there at all."

Zerth

First Post
Wilphe said:
She hangs back with Raven as the others head straight in and looks at Kerrax, "I think I'll circle the perimeter first and see what I can find. I'd rather not walk straight into what could be an ambush without checking around first. Apart from me you are the most mobile, will you join me?"
Kerrax turns to look at Astatia and then back at the mine entrance looming ahead. "Right," he grunts. "That canyon would be a good place for an ambush. Lead on, I'll follow."

Majin

First Post
Damien will wait up front with the others while the perimeter is being scouted out. Keeping in mind that goblinoids are most likely about, he unsheaths his sword and brings his shield about.

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Let's go then," Astatia looks at the others, "If we find anything we'll let you know. If something finds us.... ...you'll know about that too."

It depends how open the country is and how thick the woods are, but circle round keeping the mine in sight (no closer than they are already if possible) - check for any tracks leading into or out of the mine área and anything unusual.

Thels

First Post
You're in a forest, but the area directly above the mine is cleared in a circle around the entrance with a radius of about twohundred feet. The far end of the warehouse is about 120 feet away from the forest border. The cabin is about 150 feet away. The canyon is only about 15 feet wide, and about 30 feet long.

Reading your posts, I'm currently assuming the following marching order. If anyone wants a different position, feel free to notice.

Front: Damein and Astatia (mounted)
Middle: Jake and Kerrax
Read: Toriah and Raven

Moving up to the border of the forest, you notice the warehouse isn't entirely empty. You can spot at least two horses through the entrance from your current position on the road. Still no sign of humanoids.

Astatia/Toriah:
You notice small disturbances here and there on the ground, grass polls that recently broke loose, etc... as well as several darker spots on the road.

Remove ads