• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroics around Hommlet [IC]

WhatKu

First Post
His hand on his crossbow, Col turns to Raven "Think death". His voice drops to a whisper "It appears we have a problem. What now?"

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Raven's frowns as she reads the sign, then her face brightens. "Oh, poison? I'll ask you about your other riddle as soon as our mysterious ambushers show themselves." Then to the rest, "Personally, I'm not inclined to give anything to our mystery begger," she reloads her crossbow. "everyone with me?"

WhatKu

First Post
"I suppose Poison could work. I had a diffrent answer in mind though. Care to try again?"
Unholstering his crossbow, Col motions for the others to draw their weapons. Whispering to his compainons again, Col moves foward twoards the peice of wood "Get ready folks, this ones gonna be fun". He grabs the peice of wood and throws it into the trees, and shouts to the bandits "Sorry folks, we like our valuables and our lives too much to part with either. We will glady take yours though!"

Majin

First Post
Damien smirks as his sword releases smoothly from it's sheath once again. He shouts, "I will not award such a lazy excuse for an ambush with easy compliance. Show yourselves cowards!"

MattDroz

First Post
Emboldened by his comrades, Gideon draws his rapier and grins. Looking out over the woods, he tries to find the ambushers. (OOC: Spot & Listen checks)

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

"Oh, I would have tried a little more subtlety, "mutters Raven. But she dashes for a tree on the side of the road to give herself a little cover should arrows start to fly.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Astatis shouts into the woods, "Hey! We need a bigger sack, the Prince here won't fit in this. Throw us out a bigger one and we'll leave him for you to claim the bounty his wicked uncle has on him and be on our way. Is that a deal?" this is probably her idea of humour...
She moves to Sashla's side and mounts.

Majin

First Post
Damien chuckles and glances at Astatia with an indignant smirk on his face. "Oh you flatter me Ms. Elf. I didn't know you considered me a valuable." he quips. He then looks around him into the tree line trying to spot their would-be ambushers, a smug smile on his face all the while.

Thels

First Post
[Spot 16+3=19] Gideon peers into the woods, trying to locate the bandits, but doesn't manage to notice anyone in there. As the others move about, a voice erups from the forest to your right, yelling in a harsh voice that makes you think it's not a human yelling, but probably one of the more savage species: "Don't be stupid! We got you under fire while you guys can't even see us! We'll grab the loot from your corpses just as easy as from the sack!"

With his location revealed, Gideon spots parts of the bandit's silhouette hidden in the woods about 60 feet away from the path, but no other signs whatsoever.

OOC: Poison could fit, but it's not the correct one :)

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Moving slightly towards the sound of the voice in the trees Damien glances at Gideon for confirmation on it's actual location. "You had better kill us with your first arrows then if you are too cowardly to come out and fight swine, for once you give away your true location your lives will be forfeit!"

Remove ads