• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroics around Hommlet [IC]

Majin

First Post
Damien grits his teeth as he takes the arrow in the stomach and pushes forward following the backpedaling hobgoblin. He aims his sword to slice the hobgoblin's bow in half or break it's string at least. We need to take one alive. he thinks to himself.

(OOC: With Bless shouldn't my Attack bonus be +6?)

Last edited:

MattDroz

First Post
Gideon moves to the other side of the goblinoid archer (avoiding Attacks of Opportunity if possible, tumbling if not) and attempts to stab him in a flanking attack from Damien.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Raven will move down the path about 20 feet, then cut into the forrest, in an effort to come around behind the goblinoids, and cut off their retreat. She'll swing her crossbow over her shoulder and pull out her sword and dagger.

Thels

First Post
OOC: Uhh, yeah sorry. I'm really goofing up for such a lowlevel combat.

[Attack 18+5=23 Damage 2d4+1d6+2=7] Gideon moves around the archer to strike him in the back, hitting him deep right between the shoulderblades going up. The goblinoid staggers and blood flows freely from the wound as you withdraw your rapier and the creature is howling.

Gideon delays action to move after Damien does.

[Attack 8+4=12] As the archer steps away from his opponents, he leaves himself open to Astatia, who makes use of the situation. Unfortunately, the arrow gets stuck in his armor.

[Attack 14+4=18 Damage 1d10+1=11] Col drops to his knees to make a wild swing at his opponent's knees, severing it's right leg. With a last cry, he falls to the ground.

Raven moves down the path and into the forest (on Damien/Gideon's side?), hoping to attack the goblinoids from behind.

[Attack 4+2=6] Damien advances and strikes for the archer's bow, but misses.

[Attack 18+6=24 Damage 2d4+1d6+2=7] Gideon moves around the archer to strike him in the back, hitting him deep right between the shoulderblades going up. The goblinoid staggers and blood flows freely from the wound as you withdraw your rapier and the creature is howling.

The goblinoid howls and tries to get away. Since he's flanked, he has to pass Damien to get out of the way, so Damien receives an AoO. Does he take it? (Since it's a withdraw action and he moved away from Gideon right away, Gideon doesn't get an AoO.)

OOC: Normally I take AoO's automatically, but Damien's player pointed out he wanted to capture one alive. Note that you could make a subdual AoO if you want to (-4 to hit).

Initiatives:
Geryn 17+0=17 [9/9 hp, Blessed] (Delay Action)
Goblinoid 2 ???
Astatia 11+3=14 [9/9 hp, Blessed]
Col 6+3=9 [6/11 hp, Blessed]
Raven 4+3=7 [7/7 hp, Blessed]
Damien 5+1=6 [6/12 hp, Blessed]
Gideon 11+8=19 [2/6 hp, Blessed] (Delayed Action)

Majin

First Post
Damien attempts to hit the goblionoid in the side of the head with the butt of his sword, hoping the others will notice the attempt to subdue the hobgoblin.

Thels

First Post
[Attack 12+2=14 Damage 1d8+3=5] Damien strikes the Goblinoid just barely as it passes by, but with enough impact to make him fall to the ground. He's lying on the ground, unconscious and bleeding.

Majin

First Post
Damien smirks as he wipes the blood off his sword on the unconscious Hobgoblin. "My, we're full of mistakes today aren't we?" he says to it, his smirk changing to gritted teeth as he cradles the wound in his stomach. "Lets get him tied up. He should be able to spread some light on the current situation on these roads, and hopefully the mines."

WhatKu

First Post
Wiping his axeblade clean, Col straps it back onto his back, and unholsters the crossbow.
"Well, that wasn't very good. They were bloody goblins, and I couldn't touch them. Remind me to work on my axe-gnomeship after we finish here."

MattDroz

First Post
Bends over to wipe his blade on the goblinoid's tunic before re-sheathing it.

"Perhaps they were responsible for the wagon we passed?" Looking around (OOC: Searching the area and the bodies), Gideon sees what they may have been carrying and/or looting.

After he searches and the adrenaline rushing through his body slows up, he realizes the exhilaration from the fight made him forget temporarily about his wound. He then looks down at the blood on his chest and grimaces. "Um. Ow." (OOC: I'm at 2 HP out of 6. Anybody got a Cure Light?)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads