• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heward's Haversack

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
Hey,

I just looked at the DMG and noticed that this item doesn't have the same destruction clause that occurs if a portable hole is placed into a Bag of Holding or vice-versa. Has this been issued errata, or is it simply safer to use than its big brothers?

Thanks,
Shawn

Bayushi Seikuro

First Post
I don't know. I know in other regards, it's better than the bags of holding; if I remember right, in regards to removing items in combat, so maybe it was intended to be a better item in some ways?

mvincent

Explorer
Shawn_Kehoe said:
I just looked at the DMG and noticed that this item doesn't have the same destruction clause that occurs if a portable hole is placed into a Bag of Holding or vice-versa. Has this been issued errata, or is it simply safer to use than its big brothers?
Check with your DM.

From the Handy haversack description in the core rules:
"has two side pouches... each is like a bag of holding"

From the Rules of the Game (if desired):
"treat a Heward's handy haversack as a bag of holding when it interacts with a portable hole."

From the 3.0 FAQ (if desired):
“Items that function like bags of holding, such as Heward’s handy haversacks, cause the same mishaps when mishandled. "

For earlier reference (if desired): from the 2ed guide to High-level campaigns, section on magic items:
"Extradimensional Spaces: These items tend to produce spectacular effects when one is placed within another. The following items contain extradimensional spaces: bag of holding, bag of transmuting, flatbox, girdle of many pouches, Heward’s handy haversack, portable hole, and pouch of accessibility."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads