• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Hi all, newby here, looking to max out CHA, 3.5

Eman Resu

First Post
1st post here, so be gentle, looking to max out charisma, have access to most? books, we stuck with 3.5 because we aint spending the cash to go to 4.0 especially after getting milked from 3.0 to 3.5

"fool me once, err shame on you, fool me again, umm err, it aint gonna happen again"

Im interested in making a build based off of maxing out 1 stat, its a gestalt campaign, yah I know, but they want to give it a shot, and I was interested in seeing what you all have got. So leats see the feat/class combos such as Sorc/Pal...the DM wants to see skeleton builds of 5th 10th and 15th level, I think he is trying to wrap his mind around what to expect of a gestalt high power campaign.

I just found this site
thanks to all
Lee

TanisFrey

First Post
Consider a Half-elf, Human or Gnome Paragon from Unearthed Arcana. At level 3 of Half-Elf or Human you gain a +2 to a stat of your choice, Gnome Paragon you get a +2 to CHA. These classes also add some spell casting to an spell casting class of choice (Human and Half-Elf) or to bard (Gnome). They also have good skills and skill points (6 per level).

The Half-Elf Paragon lets you take Human Paragon. This lets you get the +2 to a stat twice but you only get to add 3 caster levels to any spell casting class of your choice. In addition Human Paragon lets you choice one skill that will always be a class skill.

Hope this heps.

Queranil

First Post
are unusual races allowed? In that case, you could play a race with a bonus to charisma. I'm not talking 'Illithid-unusual', but more 'normal-unusal'.

Empirate

First Post
High Cha races I like:

Star Elf (Unapproachable East), ye olde Elf variant for high Cha (instead of Dex),

Half-Fey (Fiend Folio), +2 LA (?) template to give you lots of cool stuff to go with your extra high Cha,

Gloura (Underdark), a winged Fey with lots of racial HD and LA, but makes up for it with Bard spellcasting based on racial HD, super high Cha, and the excellent ability to add Cha bonus to AC.

Note that level adjustments are especially good in gestalt campaigns.

Take a look here, it lists oodles and oodles of stuff you can do with your high Charisma, sorted by racial and class abilities, feats, etc.

orion90000

First Post
Outside of starting race your a bit more limited.

+1 stat point every 4 levels
cloak of charisma or Pink and green Ioun Stone
casting wish 5x in a row or Tome of Leadership and Influence for the max of +5 inherent bonus

Other items can give a bonus to charisma rolls but not to charisma itself: Belt of Dwarvenkind, Circlet of Persuasion, etc

At epic levels you can take "Great Charisma" as a feat.

Cavall

First Post
Well I did say if I recall correctly, which clearly I didnt because not all are insight.

thanks Dandu for the correction.

Eman Resu

First Post
brief insight, so you may help/understand what it is Im looking for.

I wanted to make an ubber cha build, reason? Well the other players are gestalt junkies. They say once I go gestalt I aint going back. Oh gestalt is so much fun yadda yadda. In the last game they acheived 15th level +/-?
They are all going to do the same basic builds except switch build concepts with eachother. Apparently they were giving so many suggestions to eachother they argued how to make their builds stronger.

After listening to them rant about how strong a build this was and how powerful the pc's were (powergame much?) I noticed none of them play or have played a cha build. I wanted to have a cha based build that was at least comp./respectable to these guys. So far in the group they have and this is going to be off of memory here so maybe not 100% accurate but the base build will be right.

15 Psion/15 fighter no prestige just straight is what he said
15 Cleric/15 Barbarian/totum ?
3 elf paragon/2 Ranger/15 wizard/4 fighter/8? Arcane Archer
15 Monk/ 15 Fighter - oddly enough the group said this was their butt kicker?
scout/rogue/shadow-dancer/psy warrior/Elocater - he wont share levels nor if he went into Assassin - he's the party recluse? whatever

so back to my gestalt cha build to fit into this group, I heard some combo of Hexblade/Paladin/Sorcerer should produce a tank of sorts, add on power of personality and ?
Hexblade/Paladin/Sorcerer

Sorry for going on and on but this is also important. The DM doesnt care if I pick a class that allows for progression in 2 spell caster slots!! So that made me think add that to cha build =
1 Sorcerer/Favored Soul
2 Sorcerer/Favored Soul
3 Sorcerer/Favored Soul
4 Sorcerer/Favored Soul
5 1 Mystic Theurge / 1 Hexblade
6 2 Mystic Theurge / 2 Hexblade
7 3 MT / 3 HB
8 4 MT / 4 HB
9 5 MT / 5 HB
10 6 MT / 1 Pal
11 7 MT / 2 Pal
12 8 MT / 3 Pal
13 9 MT / Fighter
14 10 MT / Fighter
15 ?

heck I dont know what the hell Im doing but 2 15th level spell caster classes in 1 PC cant be all that bad, right?

as you can see I need help
Lee

Remove ads