• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hi - We have the MALE HAG!!!! :)

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Methuselah...male hag. Same abilities as the female hag, just as wrinkly, just as cannabalistic...just as cranky. They hate hags and vice versa. Should they ever mate they produce something they find to be very horrid...a nymph (if female) or a satyr (if male)...or worse....a korred (if they mate while drunk)

Last edited:

Brother Richard

First Post
Umm

Have you read the hag flavor text. I looked over a fairly recent Dragon Magazine with ecology of the hag. There aren't supposed to be male hags because only the daughters of the goddesss stayed with her. You could possible try to create flavor to change that. but I would like to seee the flavor before talking about crunch. If you find great flavor this could be a good idea. Good Luck! ;)

Sigurd

First Post
Not my cup of Haggis

I think there is something quintessentially female about the hag. The idea that it eats or enslaves its male children I find much more scary. Male hags dilute game flavour for me. Too pc in my book.

That said, its a logical enough thing to do. If you like the flavour go for it.

S

dante58701

Banned
Banned
I like that..The Old Git LOL!!!

As for "THE GODDESS" (rolls his eyes), that article...which I have...has absolutely nothing to do with the historical or mythological HAG. A creature which is far more disgusting. Of course if you really want to get into it...a Hag can vary from culture to culture. Tooo many kiddie books are going on stereo types these days.

There are hags (old women who use magic and eat children), hags (old wise women), hags (old ugly women), and then there are hags (wotc fluff'n'duff).

And then there are male hags which are called - Methuselahs. This is actually historically accurate depending on which "real" mythos you use and which culture you are in.

Methuselah are much like their female counterparts and absolutely hate hags. Hags, likewise, hate Methuselah.

Methuselah are very cranky, never brush their rotting teeth, and smell of alcohol and feces.

The rare neutral or good Methuselah is traditionally a hermit or wise old bastard who drinks a lot of rum.

mmmm...coconut rum..lol!!! :)

I have a few books about hags and methuselah.

Last edited:

Remove ads