• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hidden Gamers

Ave Rage

First Post
I've been waiting for a game to pop up for the longest time. I'm in one that's about to start up on Mirc but I've always wanted to play IRL with maps and such. I could never find a group though and most of my friends weren't into it... or so I thought.

I just got a game going with 2 already-gamers I knew of, 2 new-gamers who are interested (that I've known for a long time but never thought would) and the last has played before and has a character all made up but I never even thought of asking him. He came to me and asked to join the game.

I'm so excited because I know these people are they're all quite a cast of characters. Hopefully this game will go as smoothly as I want it too. I've already bought my cleric-mini and have his character thought up.

Have any of you guys asked your supposed non-gamers to game and found they were in the same boat as you? I'm just curious as I've known my friends for years and had no idea.

There's a store around here that has baseball-sized d20s for $5. I'm thinking of buying a few of them and just setting them up in places where people will see them. Folks who aren't gamers will think it's just a cool little knick-knack, folks who are will know immediately what they are and come out of the woodwork.

BTW, my current gaming group were all folks I knew for some time without having any idea that they were gamers.

Shadow64

I've seen these uber-D20 (and plan on getting one or two!!) and they are not made of foam. You could brain somebody with them easy. One DM i know of won't allow them for actual play because they can kill a mini real fast.

Telor

First Post
One thing I found that works:

I recently graduated college and still live with people who go. Our neighbors still attend as well. We occasionally throw duo apartment parties with a few kegs of beer.

We always play DnD in our living room and for the party I fold up our gaming table and stash it in my bedroom since I made it with my own two hands and I don't want it covered in beer. I have the massive Faerun map that Dragon released 2 years ago and I refuse to take it down, its just too massive to fold up.

We always get a guy or two that knows what that map is and waits until most of the normal folk leave to ask about it. The normal folk never bother asking what it's for.

If I ever need another gamer or two all I have to do is throw another party (not like parties aren't fun anyway).

-Telor

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads