• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

hidden weapons

Rakusia

First Post
im making a sneaking rogue with a lot of easily reachable hidden weapons. other than the wrist blades boot knives knee and elbow they talk about in the scoundrel book. what are some of the most unique/ kinda crazy ways youve seen or came up with to hide weapons.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Aside from magical methods, and means that make sitting uncomfortable, one might hide weapons as other things.
-A sword cane.
-A necklace that doubles as a garrot.
-A razor brimmed hat.
-A hollowed-out holy book conceals a flask of poison; it's bookmark is a fine blade.
-A flexible scimitar disguised as a belt, or
-flexible daggers disguised as bracelets.
-A brooch or medal that doubles as a throwing star.
-Ornate rings that screw together into a blowgun, with darts that hang on earrings.
-Heavy rings as brass-knuckles, or a retractable punch dagger.

[edit] Also fake body parts!
-Peg legs can hold all sorts of stuff.
-A glass eye could be a hollow hidey-hole for a length of razor wire.
-Hollow teeth can contain poison, either to suicide if necessary, or to strike with a breath weapon.

Last edited:

Rakusia

First Post
nice and i might use some of those ideas if u enchanted the garrote and wore it as a necklace would u get the benefits?

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
nice and i might use some of those ideas if u enchanted the garrote and wore it as a necklace would u get the benefits?
Sure, I would think so. The only thing is it should probably cost a little more than simple enhanced garrote wire, because it's disguised as jewelry. Not sure how that extra cost would work, though....

Rhun

First Post
Don't forget things like a spiked ring or such that can be poisoned! It may not do much damage, but a failed save can be a killer!

Remove ads