Hidden?

Riley37

First Post
Reviewing the list of posts which quoted me, I saw this:

"08:12 PM - Yaarel quoted Riley37 in post Hidden"

I asked Yaarel, and he does not have a record of making a post at that time. He says he post-quoted Hussar around 8:15, in a thread on gender-swapping elves in MTOF.

Also, when I copied and pasted that line from my profile view, my browser detected suspicious code activity.

Explanations, speculations? Private thread?

CapnZapp

Legend
It happens. Not often, but it happens.

That one of the quotes is "hidden".

I myself considered the case where somebody replies to me, and then promptly blocks me.

But I suspect it's something else: maybe a glitch for when the system detects two posters posting at the same time. Or when a post is removed, immediately after being posted.

Don't know.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't know which post it is, but I can see a post in that thread where he quoted you yesterday.

Riley37

First Post
The post where he quoted me in the elf/gender thread, appears on the list of posts which quote me.

The post in "Hidden" *also* appears on that list.

Could this be the visible-to-me outcome of a post in a friends-only thread?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
One way that happens is if someone reports a post that happens to quote you. It creates a post in a hidden forum for mods that includes your quote. So, even though you aren't the subject of the report, you get that silly notification.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Easy enough to experiment with sometime - I get someone to quote me, then someone else reports that post; meanwhile the mods have been forewarned to (I hope!) ignore the report, and I see if I get a "hidden" quote. I've had a few of these, and was wondering what they were about - sure spent enough time trying to track them down... :)

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Easy enough to experiment with sometime - I get someone to quote me, then someone else reports that post; meanwhile the mods have been forewarned to (I hope!) ignore the report, and I see if I get a "hidden" quote. I've had a few of these, and was wondering what they were about - sure spent enough time trying to track them down... :)

I think that is a no-good poopy idea and you, sir, are a doody head.

Also, :):):):), :):):):), :):):)hole, :):):):), :):):):):):), and :):):):):):):):):)

Remove ads