• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

High Level Rogues

Thazar

First Post
A couple of comments. With Stealth, Perception, and Disable Device now consolidated when you take these three skills you save what would have cost you seven skill points before. Now this is equally affecting all classes it does help the rogue more then most as those are all key skills.

Second the rogue has some key talents and class skills that help a lot (trapfinder & trap spotter) leaving many other talents to help with combat. Finally, skill mastery can be taken at level 10 and you could take it more then once if you needed to. The main benefit over the bard Jack of All Trades is that you get it sooner and you can use them in combat. The bard cannot take 10 in every situation where the rogue could.

All told the rogue gets 10 of them (talents) by level 20 to add a lot of flexibility in how you wish YOUR rogue to be built.

Good stuff guys -though it would be great to hear from someone who has run some encounters with a high-level Rogue.

I'm running a Rogue for the first time ever and to my meta-gaming-retarded eye it looks pretty good.

So far level 1 is more than enough fun. Even if I did step into a torrent of semi-liquid sewage just to get Flanking and ended up contracted Filth Fever. (I got the kill though!)

Good times so far. If it sucks at higher level I'll just multi-class or Prestige. Whatever is the most fun.

Remove ads