• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

High Medieval RPG available now

morrigan

First Post
Morrigan Press Inc. is pleased to announce that the High Medieval Roleplaying game is now available via DriveThruRPG.

High Medieval is a unique and exciting new roleplaying game. Unlike other games and settings, High Medieval attempts to be historically accurate while still maintaining the fantasy elements that most role-players know and love.

Essentially, the world of High Medieval is an alternate version of our own history where the folklore and legends of medieval cultures are real rather than imagined. Fairies and goblins really do live in the remote areas of the forest and dwarves do mine mineral riches deep in the mountains of the north. Most importantly, magic really exists and is seen as a constant threat by the dominant force in medieval Europe, the Church of Rome.

High Medieval uses an early version of Morrigan Press' upcoming Omni System RPG mechanics. The Omni System will be launched this year at Gencon Indy as a standalone, genre-independent game system as well as the engine behind the much anticipated Atlantis: The Second Age RPG. The Omni System is derived from the critically acclaimed Talislanta 4 rules and mechanics.

The print edition of High Medieval should be available at your FLGS early summer.

Cheers,
Scott Agnew
Morrigan Press Inc.
www.morriganrpg.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
I saw this yesterday at DTRPG, pretty much right as it posted, and I was almost all over it, until I saw it wasn't d20. The info on your site doesn't really make that clear.

Would it be possible to get (a) a quic rundown of what the Omni System is all about, (b) how does it mesh with d20, and (c) perhaps a demo of the actual game mechanics (I know there is a demo at DTRPG, but it only provides the first 6 pages, and it's mostly fluff, and let's face it, how much fluff do you need to be sold on the Medieval era).

It's on my wish list, but I'd like to know more before buying.

morrigan

First Post
HalWhitewyrm said:
I saw this yesterday at DTRPG, pretty much right as it posted, and I was almost all over it, until I saw it wasn't d20. The info on your site doesn't really make that clear.

Would it be possible to get (a) a quic rundown of what the Omni System is all about, (b) how does it mesh with d20, and (c) perhaps a demo of the actual game mechanics (I know there is a demo at DTRPG, but it only provides the first 6 pages, and it's mostly fluff, and let's face it, how much fluff do you need to be sold on the Medieval era).

It's on my wish list, but I'd like to know more before buying.

Give me until tomorrow (Thursday) and I'll try and get a sampel of the game available for you. If you are familiar with the Talislanta 4th edition rules, it's not far off although character generation is quite different.

Cheers,
Scott Agnew
Morrigan Press Inc.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Thanks a lot! I'm not familiar with Talislanta, but I'll appreciate the demo all the same.

I mean, let me be frank here, I'm gonna get it eventually no matter what. It's the 'eventually' part that is very fluid here and can change. :)

morrigan

First Post
Sampler available now.

At the request of several gamers, Morrigan Press is pleased to announce that we have made a High Medieval sampler available for download. The sampler provides an overview of both game mechanics and setting and is available at the Morrigan Press website.

Cheers,
Scott Agnew
Morrigan Press Inc.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Thanks a million for the preview. Seems OMNI is a variation on a basic d20 core; it should be pretty easy to convert back and forth, from what I was able to tell. The book also looks great. I'm picking up High Medieval for sure (and I cannot wait for the sourcebooks on the Celtic lands and the Middle East).

Now, if we could only have a print/PDF combo thing. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads