• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Higher Level Psionics PbP (Demon with a Glass Hand)

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm thinking of starting a higher level PbP game focused on a world where magic and psionics both exist. While I have no intention of copying Gnomeworks Psionicle game, I would like to sort of re-live some of the fun I had in that game.

As of right now, I'm thinking that there will be no advancement through experience. Whatever level the game starts at is "the level." So if the game is 14th level (where I'm eyeballing it at currently) that's it.

The game would be set on a desert world, but not Dark Sun. I'm stealing some ideas from there, some from the Dune world, and some from the content I did for Living En-world a ways back. I'm certain I'll have to do a campaign write up to give enough information that a 14th level character would feel well informed with.

So this thread is for me to find out who is interested, and maybe start putting up some developments.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Sounds intriguing...especially as a fan of Dark Sun here. :)

No advancement seems kind of...well, I'd be willing to give it a shot, I spose. By high levels, in a pbp, advancement is so slow it might as well not exist anyway. :)

Insight

Adventurer
I like me some psionics. Interested.

I don't particularly care about the advancement angle. At 14th level, the progress is so slow, it really doesn't matter anyway.

doghead

thotd
I'm interested. 14th level is a little outside my usual comfort zone. But I would like to see how a higher level psychic warrior works. The 'no advancement' thing doesn't worry me. I played the original Travller for years. It will take me ages to get used to the character anyways.

A desert setting works. I've just finished reading The Bonehunters by Steven Erikson. Lots of deserts. Also lots of cool tribes and interesting magic.

doghead
aka thotd

Creamsteak

Explorer
14th is actually 2 levels above my normal comfort zone cap, but I'm stretching upwards because I want some experience at that level of play as a GM (have played it table top as a player though). If the campaign is working out well and I'm keeping up with it, I might let it level eventually. The point of the restriction though would be to put a "don't have any expectations of leveling" clause on the game.

Nazhkandrias

First Post
YES! Finally, a psionics game that isn't full! I have little idea what my base class will be, but I absolutely KNOW that whatever I pick, it will be focusing on the Pyrokineticist PrC, which will be my main focus anyhow, so it doesn't really matter. Most likely, I'd be something along the lines of Wilder 5/Pyrokinteticist 9 (this is subject to change, however, based upon how the party ends up looking. I'm just going Wilder first to get those power points, and fulfill the Concentration 8 prerequisite. Then again, Psychic Warrior or Psion could work, but the Charisma and PP of a Wilder is hard to pass up. Either way, my role won't be primary spellcasting, so don't be afraid to throw in another Wilder!). Shame that I fall just short of that last level ability, Conflagration, though. So, keep me in mind!

WarlockLord

First Post
Hey, sign me up as a telepath. I loves me me psionic mind control.

I could also play a psiwar if we have too many primary manifesters.

ethandrew

First Post
Are you planning on running a Psionics only campaign? I know you state this world has both magic and psionics, but I'm just a little unclear.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads