• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Highlest level D&D character ever

Allensh

Explorer
I remember seeing this on Yahoo questions or soms such and reading a wikipedia page about it, but I can't find it now. Can someone point me in the direction of this please?

Allen

Allensh

Explorer
Nifft said:
Level is irrelevant. You probably want Pun-pun, the most powerful character ever.

Cheers, -- N

No, this isn't Pun-Pun. This was a guy who had been playing the same character since 1974..his group still plays the original game. I remember he was from Ohio and his character was something like 256th level or some such.

Allen

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Maybe you're thinking of the dude who named all his characters the same thing, and every time any of them leveled up, he gave all of them a new level -- so his first PC got to 256th level, but only because he played levels 1-8, thirty-two different times.

It was a ... controversial method.

Cheers, -- N

Pale Master

First Post
Point of order: wouldn't any level above 36 / 20 / or whatever be a house rule and therefore, illegal?

In this fake contest about whose made-up character is the most powerful in a fictional fantasy world?

Besides which, doesn't the XP needed for each level scale algebraically? Wouldn't someone at such a high level eventually consume all the XP in the entire universe and be unable to advance without repeatedly cloning, and then killing, himself, in order to have a CR-appropriate encounter?

Bagpuss

Legend
You are thinking of Edena of Neith who has one of the more recognisable posting styles as well.

He's a joy to have visit your forum. He's a member here, but you might need to say his name three times while looking into a mirror to actually get him to post.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads