• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hire Linae Foster!

Klaus

First Post
I think I am going to be the voice of reason and pride here....

I say no, not because she isn't talented and does a solid job though but because a person like this should work for a company that will appreciate those talents not shove them out the first air lock with a blink of an eye.
That is pride, but not reason. Reason is "this is a job opportunity at one of the larger companies in the biz, with people she already worked with and with the possiblity of growth".

JohnnyQuest

First Post
It's rare to find a person who is extremely competent, completely professional, yet warm and friendly. Not only can she manage the brand; Linae builds community. That combination is exactly what WotC needs.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'd thoroughly support her having the position. She's been professional, honest and friendly in the past -- and she's a gamer, and she's darn funny. This is the kind of person I'd hire myself for a marketing or brand management position.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I worked with Linae Foster fairly extensively during my tenure as editor-in-chief of Dragon and Dungeon magazines, and I always found her to be an excellent business partner with a great attitude and a strong ability to get things done. In fact, without Linae it would have been impossible to put together the 30th Anniversary Dragon Magazine Black Dragon and Rider limited edition promotional D&D Miniature, which was a huge success for us.

I know that, like Scott, Linae worked tirelessly to deliver a usable GSL, and her dedication to the gamers, the hobby, and to the Dungeons & Dragons brand is without question.

I am really hoping that Wizards gives Linae Foster a genuine shot at this position, as I feel she is a great ambassador for the D&D brand and has a strong understanding of the industry in general.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Not that my opinion probably matters very much, but...

If Linea is available...

And if Lineaa wants to work for WotC again...

Then WotC would be absolute fools to not hire her.

She's seems almost universally respected by those in the industry and RPG Fans. She's already worked at WotC so she knows the landscape. She's already proven she can take the punches the job will dish out. And she has one of the absolute coolest screen names ever (Lurking Lidda).:cool:

So if it matters, count me as a positive endorsement.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Last I checked, Linae, after working hard to salvage and rebuild WotC's public image after they had a few bouts of bizarro idiocy regarding their treatment of customers, was thrown away during the Christmas season. I question why WotC would hire someone they clearly don't give two craps about, and why someone as talented and well loved as Linae would work for someone that treated her like garbage.

Roland55

First Post
I'm sorry to sound negative, but I seriously doubt WOTC will pay any attention to this Thread.

These days, I'm just an old "member of technical staff," and not a senior manager anymore. But when I was, this sort of thing would have made no impression on my hiring policies. Sorry ...

All that said, I'll chime in with the rest of you in saying that Ms. Foster's on-line presence, here and on other fora, was very welcome during the recent trench-phase of the Edition Wars. That young woman has sound judgment, excellent communication skills, and a solid PR persona.

Hmmm. Starting to talk myself into hiring her ... ;)

Remove ads