• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Historical Spycraft campaigns?

Impeesa

Explorer
I've suddenly been seized by the urge to run a campaign leading up to and through the Cuban Missile Crisis, for example. Before I go try making a campaign out of it (there's plenty for the agents to discover - you just have to fudge who did what a bit :)), is anyone else trying something like this?

--Impeesa--

Crothian

First Post
Not with the cuban missile crisis, but in the days building up to WW2. The hardiest paer of this type of thing is creating the equipment and getting the historical info.

Impeesa

Explorer
Cool. Yeah, WWII would be hard for equipment. If I do 1960s Cold War, I can use a lot of the equipment as-is and just call it advanced government prototypes. :D

--Impeesa--

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
For alternate history, read James Ellroy's amazing novel "American Tabloid." The anti-heros in that book are tangled up with the CIA, mafia, Klan (etc.) in a big anti-Castro Bay of Pigs conspiracy.

Running a game set in the 1950s Los Angeles of James Ellroy's LA Confidential would also be a fun idea.

Last edited:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Doc_Souark said:
I would look at Wierd Wars or the upcomeing Forbidden Kingdoms for equipment for that era.

Weird Wars giv a wonderful range of eqipment for WWII time period. It gives also a good deal of historic information. In fact, all the "weird" (nazi werewolves, undead soldiers...) info is clearly separated from the historic info, that is accurate enough.

Remove ads