Galloglaich

First Post
Wiki on the Sockburn Worm:

Sockburn Worm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and three other English Dragons:

The Laidly Worm of Spindleston Heugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Worm of Linton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lambton Worm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(This last one, previously mentioned in the thread, was also the inspiration for Bram Stokers 'Lair of the White Worm' and the somewhat campy but fun 1988 film of the same name, featuring a far more attractive Wyrm than that horrid bristleworm.

lair_of_the_white_worm.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQLOJ-0uZ8"]YouTube - The Lair of the White Worm (trailer)[/ame]

G.

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
A Few Historical Alchemists and Wizards

(I just got started on these, this is only a tiny random sampling mostly some Arab and Persian alchemist I'd been researching, there are several dozen fascinating characters from the European renaissance alone)

You forgot John Dee...

John Dee 13 July 1527 – 1608 or 1609 AD (81 or 81) was a noted mathematician, astronomer, astrologer, occultist, and consultant to Queen Elizabeth I. He also devoted much of his life to the study of alchemy, divination, and Hermetic philosophy.

John Dee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Dude, I'm going to take your post about the worm and cross-post it to one (or more) of the threads dealing with aquatic campaigns- quite nice.

For giggles, you might be even more scared by news about Box jellyfish swarms
Killer jellyfish population explosion warning - Telegraph

and a report of a Lions Mane jellyfish that may have been as much as 20 tons on the deck of the Kuranda back in the 1970s.
CRYPTOZOOLOGY ONLINE: Still on the Track: GUEST BLOGGER GLEN VAUDREY: Jellyfish japes
Cryptozoology.com

Remove ads