HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT

Satin Knights

First Post
Arg! Used to wizard spell progression. :eek:

"Any other pointers for the Crow?"

Marshan and Toddy will both be taking Precise Strike at third level. If you took it as well, it would be beneficial to all three. At fifth level, Marshan will be able to cast Fly once a day, and Toddy will be taking the flight evolution. So the birdman will get a chance to fly occasionally.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
I'm considering Precise Strike as well. Not sure I'll manage it at 3rd though.

Edit: Pointers for Crow? Knowledge checks whenever applicable?

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan is going to be severely lacking in the skills department. His class choices leave him a whopping 2 skill points per level. Toddy is doing better with 4/level.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Precise Strike is on my list as well, and would be even if no one else was taking it (Inquisitors get to use their teamwork feats as though their allies also have them). There's also a feat that will allow him to get flanking bonuses and precision damage if there is a group of us adjacent to a target, even if he's not exactly in flanking position - the name escapes me at the moment, but it's on my wish list.

Satin Knights

First Post
Gang Up in the APG. It requires Combat Expertise. So, it works for you. The other, Outflank, gives +4, but requires BAB +4. Both will be awesome in our group.

Satin Knights

First Post
I asked if we could take the Boon Companion feat over in the OOC thread. HolyMan said yes. So, GlassEye, I am pretty sure you will want to switch your fifth level feat to Boon Companion. And the animal should take Int for its stat bump. It becomes far easier to command. I am also going to be burning a "Share Language" spell daily for my companion to understand better. I could spend two a day. After the obligatory first round Haste, I don't plan on spell casting much for a fight.

GlassEye

Adventurer
SK said:
GlassEye, I am pretty sure you will want to switch your fifth level feat to Boon Companion.

Better companion over a potential extra 3d6 damage when flanking? Actually that brings up another doubt I have about my plan. I like animal companions but I'm planning on going Master Chymist asap. That means my companion would be fairly stunted later. Do you think it would be better to ditch the companion for whatever other thing rangers get in exchange?

Also debating whether claws from Aspect of the Beast are worth it or if I should switch that to something else or a different feat entirely.

Satin Knights

First Post
Look at Henry at the bottom of my fifth level projection in the RG. The ape is 6d6 damage or 9d6 while flanking. And with a higher to hit than Marshan's or Toddy's. With Marshan having a standard operating procedure of opening with Haste, the extra body gets more alluring. The first level of Master Chymist will still be included in the Boon Companion bonus. So, the companion doesn't lose ground until eighth level. A seventh level ape or tiger is quite survivable until about 11th level I would think.

Besides, walk into a bar with two apes as body guards. Pretty intimidating. Then one of the apes says "Beer". I expect a chinese fire drill to commence after that.

Aspect of the beast is good for flavor. A Shocking Amulet of Mighty Fists, +0 instead of buying a magic weapon starts stacking damage on well. Once Precise Strike kicks in 9d6+str*3 in a full attack.

I am tempted to say swap Precise Strike in at first level instead of Toughness. We are starting with extra hp to start anyways. You won't have someone else to use it with until third, but we have an excuse to learn it from you. Toughness is great when you don't have anything else you need/want, but it is a backup choice in my opinion.

Remove ads