HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT

Satin Knights

First Post
Seeing the others flee, he lets them go. Marshan does a bit of continuous casting, pointing at each of the thugs on the ground. His holy symbol and the stag horn rune upon his forehead flaring with white light with each casting. When the birdman starts checking the bodies, "They should be stable for the moment." Then, moving over to Kendra and whispering in her ear, "This insult should not go unpunished. Mind if I teach them a lesson? It is you that will have to live with them afterward. But, they should learn to fear the unknown." While waiting for an answer, he turns and fetches some rope from Toddy's pack, and starts measuring it off into five foot sections. Dagger drawn, he awaits her answer before cutting the rope.
[sblock=actions]Cast stabilize on each of the thugs. OOC: Flee = defeated, we get the XP.
Poetic License: I am going to have Marshan's summoner's rune brighten when casting any spell or channeling energy. It is in the shape of an ancient version of Erastil's holy symbol.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori watches impassively as the thugs flee then turns to watch with interest whatever this Marshan fellow is up to. With Halal checking the coffin he waits to see what Kendra has to say about the matter.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Gregori Ostov (full sheet)
Initiative: +1
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch) (+2 w/ mutagen)
HP: 14 Current: 14
CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +0

In Hand: none
-- longsword +5 (1d8+4 19-20/x2); Power Attack: longsword +4 (1d8+6 19-20/x2)
-- [Str Mutagen] longsword +7 (1d8+6); PA: longsword +6 (1d8+8)
-- cestus
-- Bomb +3 (1d6+1) Range: 20 feet; Splash: 2
-- [Str Mutagen] Bomb +3 (1d6); Splash 1

Bombs 2/2 remaining
Extracts Prepared Cure Light Wounds, Enlarge
Mutagen Prepared Strength[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: I think we are supposed to put these IC posts in the other thread once HM updates the summary of the combat. Are you guys going to copy them over?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: In fact, I started to copy mine over last night and realized exactly what SK has. I decided to wait until HolyMan puts up his IC summary of the fight.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I kinda feel the combat thread makes things more difficult and I don't yet see the advantage. My preference would be to revert to having combats and roleplaying all in one thread.

Satin Knights

First Post
OOC: I see the point of wanting to keep one thread kind of clean and story book like and avoiding all the OOC like this. Especially when this is designed to go multi-year. But then any strangers reading the story book are ruining their chance of playing the AP.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Yeah, I sort of like the idea of the 'storybook' IC thread - a nice, clean read without having to sift through all of the mechanics of combat and the OOC discussions. I'll make a concerted effort to keep my OOC stuff in that thread (or this one for combat) and post only IC stuff in that thread.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I don't care about pretty and sblocks are made for hiding ooc comments. Right now separate threads seem more of a hindrance. We would be roleplaying but this is the combat thread and we don't want to do it here (at least I don't) because then it'll have to be transferred to the other thread. Except now we're waiting for the combat summary (and I've never been fond of DM summaries of combat; they're either cut and paste jobs or poor retellings ime) so things don't get out of order.

I don't feel the benefits of a 'clean' thread outweigh the aggravation of delays and switching from thread to thread; I would rather have convenient. Anyway, I've said my feelings on the matter and will let it go at that.

Remove ads