HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Or maybe just make a character wholly, completely and entirely dependent on the party for his safety who doesn't have any weapons at his disposal - all he "carries" are buffs, debuffs, healing and a kick-ass skill set.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Well, he started off that way but I gave in and took those four levels of Monk :). We'll see how he turns out - I had to fight pretty hard to keep from trying to hit the Wrathspawn and use a buff instead.

Qik

First Post
And the zings are flying!

I tried to play a Sensei once - I found it hard to do. I'd like to play a primarily-buffer PC at some point, but I think I'd need to ensure the right mindset. I imagine they could be awesome if built right.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'm playing a character now that is suppose to be a follower and not a leader and find that simply the hardest thing to do.

While I (HM) have all kinds of ideas of how to handle a situation he (the PC) wouldn't suggest a one. Hard to sit about on ones hands.

Haven't got into combat yet.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
On an unrelated note (but more relevant to the current game), is it necessary to take the -4 penalty for firing into melee when one is using an effect that has absolutely no chance of harming one's allies? Disrupt Undead can't hurt us . . .

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I think it would be the same modifier as shooting into melee with a bow or crossbow. The penalty is for taking your time and trying to hit the opponent at just the right moment.

As with the fluff I posted that the ray tickled Toddy it's because he moved in the way as he was fighting the monster.

On another note. The creature is pinned and that means..

- Creature is Flat-Footed (AC starts at 10)
- Additional -4 to AC for melee (AC is now 6 for melee)

Just have to beat it's hardness before it escapes.

HM

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I'm playing a character now that is suppose to be a follower and not a leader and find that simply the hardest thing to do.
Markas?

On an unrelated note (but more relevant to the current game), is it necessary to take the -4 penalty for firing into melee when one is using an effect that has absolutely no chance of harming one's allies? Disrupt Undead can't hurt us . . .
I thought about asking that too. But, it is not just about trying not to harm our friends. It is about not hitting our friends instead of the target. Effectively they get a form of soft cover if it makes you feel better.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I thought about asking that too. But, it is not just about trying not to harm our friends. It is about not hitting our friends instead of the target. Effectively they get a form of soft cover if it makes you feel better.

Yeah, I turned it over in my head a few times and I can see it both ways - I'm honestly good with whichever way my current GM rules as the same protection would be applied for us when the "bad guys" are shooting into melee.

Just for the sake of discussion, though, I do think that that logic breaks down when you start asking why your single target doesn't get the same soft cover rules when he's within 5' of his allies instead of yours. Aren't you still trying to hit just him and not his allies? If you miss your target (except with a splash weapon) it's just assumed that your missile flies off into the distance rather than hitting a different enemy. So if there's no "danger" of hitting someone other than your target then, why does that danger suddenly exist if it's your friends (as long as there's no threat of harm to them)?

Remove ads