• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen Maps

soulcatcher78

First Post
Silverymoon and Feldbar typos are corrected on the physical print of the map. Some other adjustments that you may or may not notice from the copy printed in the book were corrected before these were made for the convention. The digital copies should also now have these updates AFAIK.

It's even prettier in person :)

IMG_20140816_140323163.jpg

Wolfskin

Explorer
Thanks for the update, [MENTION=53432]soulcatcher78[/MENTION]! I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.

The Encounters PDF still has the wrong spelling, though.

Wolfskin

Explorer
If you're on twitter you can hit him up at https://twitter.com/TheRedEpic

Since the PDFs come from WOTC (I assume) they might have to reissue them if they want to send it out as a correction.
No problem, I can deal with the little typos on the PDF or physical book. I purchased the digital version of the map for printing (alas, due to shipping costs and customs fees I can't buy the physical map from Blando) and it looks AWESOME :D

What happened to:

Evereska
Asbravn
Corm Orp & Hluthvar
Nashkel
Many-Arrows

?
I wager these places still exist on FR, but aren't listed in the map because they're not relevant to the adventure and it would make the map too crowded.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Silverymoon and Feldbar typos are corrected on the physical print of the map. Some other adjustments that you may or may not notice from the copy printed in the book were corrected before these were made for the convention. The digital copies should also now have these updates AFAIK. (snip)

That's good that Silverymoon was caught and corrected. Felbar is still incorrect: it should be Felbarr. (It needs more pirate.) I suppose Iriaebor is still incorrect?

Bumamgar

First Post
While I'm glad WotC is allowing the cartographers to sell high quality digital versions of the maps for published products, I find the price point for these pieces to be insane. The cost of purchasing a full set of maps for HotDQ adds up to $32.50 which is more than the MSRP of $29.99 for the adventure itself! This is beyond ridiculous.

D'karr

Adventurer
While I'm glad WotC is allowing the cartographers to sell high quality digital versions of the maps for published products, I find the price point for these pieces to be insane. The cost of purchasing a full set of maps for HotDQ adds up to $32.50 which is more than the MSRP of $29.99 for the adventure itself! This is beyond ridiculous.

The quality of the maps is such that some people might find it more than acceptable to pay that price for the maps only. It might also be an incentive for the artists to work for a "lower rate" if they retain the right to sell the work separately. A "lower rate" for the artist might have an impact in making the price of the adventure $29.99 rather than $49.99. And the artist makes up the difference by selling it on his own.

I'm not saying that is what has happened but that there is a lot more to business decisions and pricing than just the cost of paper and ink.

Remove ads