• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen question.

Xantherion

First Post
Hello

Now that someone has received the Player's Handbook early, has someone gotten this book early as well. I only have 2 questions about the product.

1. Are the monster stats to run the encounters in the book, or do I need the monster manual to run them?
2. Are there descriptions of what the magical items do, that appear in the module.

I am hoping my books ship out on Friday, I am going a bit crazy waiting for them.

Thanks

Xantherion

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
It's very likely the monster stats will be in an online supplement as well as the Monster Manual.

The Encounters PDF has the monsters unique to the adventure, but directs you to the online supplement (which should be out in the next couple of days).

Cheers!

Hello

Now that someone has received the Player's Handbook early, has someone gotten this book early as well. I only have 2 questions about the product.

1. Are the monster stats to run the encounters in the book, or do I need the monster manual to run them?
2. Are there descriptions of what the magical items do, that appear in the module.

I am hoping my books ship out on Friday, I am going a bit crazy waiting for them.

Thanks

Xantherion
I don't have my copy yet, but it's already in the mail. From what others are telling me, it has at least some of the monsters in an appendix. [sblock=Thanks MerricB!]Acolyte
Berserker
Commoner
Cultist
Dragon, Adult Blue
Guard
Kobold
Kobold, Winged (Urd)
Stirge
Swarm of Rats
Troglodyte
Violet Fungi

Ambush Drake (Challenge 1/2)
Dragonclaw (Challenge 1)
Frulam Mondath (human cleric, Challenge 2)
Guard Drake (Challenge 2)
Langdedrosa Cyanwrath (half dragon fighter, Challenge 4)

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?357863-Hoard-of-the-Dragon-Queen-(D-amp-D-Encounters-version)#ixzz39fcA5fIq[/sblock]My guess is that if any are missing, they'll be in the 5Basic update expected either Friday or next week (to include the Basic versions of DMG and MM). Ditto magic items, although I fully expect these to be in the adventure.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Think we could get some spoilers about the stat blocks of the adventure specific monsters/people? :D

Here you go - hit dice and challenges of the five in the first three episodes.

4d6+8 = Challenge 1/2
3d8+3 = Challenge 1
8d8+8 = Challenge 2
7d8+21 = Challenge 2
6d12+8 = Challenge 4

Cheers!

TheCurse

First Post

Hi,

1) Module specific monster stats are included in the appendix but common monsters are only included in the online supplement (and, of course, the 5E Monster Manual).

2) Yes, there is a single page in the appendix for the magical items.

IMG_3788_zps912c42b8.jpg
IMG_3790_zpsfe6a17bc.jpg
IMG_3791_zps9b050a11.jpg

Remove ads