• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Holiday Themed Sessions

DonTadow

First Post
I had the most fun game designing and playing it out this past week. I wanted my party to have a memorible halloween experience so, after the party expressed where their future was heading, I managed to input a village of zombies in the game. I pulled horrifying artwork and pictures for each npc. I was using a module from a Cloud Kingdom's new past, present future book and just converted the puzzles to disgustting, groteseque and frightful ones. It was a blast and required me to do a lot of unprepared stuff on the spot (a zombie with her skin falling off upset because of a zit, the skinless bartender trying to get the party drunk).

I'm thinking of trying it again for xmas and thanksgiving. Maybe even valentines day. Has anyone ever done anything like this before?

Crothian

First Post
A few years back one of the compaines put out a thanksgiving themeed adventure. I've never done a non Halloween themed adventure but it might be fun to try.

jim pinto

First Post
history lesson

wow

i can't stop posting today.

a few years ago when i was the editor of SHADIS magazine, we published a three part halloween, all saint's day, day of the dead adventure... for three different sessions.

part one... halloween (samhain) was vampire
part two... all saint's day was conspiracy x
part three... day of the dead was delta green

i think it was a really cool adventure, but the concept was even better... playing three games in three days with three sets of characters

- jim pinto
(fluidsum.blogspot.com)

Uller

Adventurer
I just ran a "Blair Witch" side-trek for some of my players. They were tricked into entering a graveyard which freed a witch (a Green Hag) and her ghoul minions. She used her invisibility/ghost sound/dancing lights abilities to spook the party and guide the ghouls into attack throughout the night. The players seemed to enjoy it. The key was to not mention it was a "halloween" themed game. Originally they were hunting some Anhkegs in a nearby village and came upon the graveyard unexpectedly.

shaylon

First Post
Never done a holiday themed adventure but I think I would enjoy it. What was the Thanksgiving theme one like?

-Shay

harmyn

First Post
I've run a Halloween themed GURPS Horror adventure,
A Halloween themed GURPS Ghostbusters adventure,
A Christmas themed In Nomine adventure,
An April Fool's Day Supers adventure,
A Horatio Club (time travel) 4th of July adventure,
A New Year's Eve themed In Nomine game,
Oh and a Halloween themed game of Vampire.
(I like Halloween in case you hadn't noticed)

Over the years I've done all sorts of themed games. I quite enjoy them and the spirit of the holiday helps drive the game as people already have non-game related things bouncing around in the players' heads that actually help them in the game.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
shaylon said:
Never done a holiday themed adventure but I think I would enjoy it. What was the Thanksgiving theme one like?

-Shay

It was D20 Modern by Stan! and takes place at a homeless shelter where people were being fed for the holiday. It is available here and is called The Final Feast. He has also done a Halloween themed adventure called Blood Sugar that can be found here.

DM

DonTadow

First Post
Almost forgot- the real cool part of yesterday's session was when i got to play the time warp video from the rocky horror picture show in the middle of the session. Since the adventure had to do with time hopping, a portal corrupted by a plague and Celestial Elves whom love to sing and dance, it fit in perfectly. The timewarp video wasn't just played for the heck of it. The clue to making hte portal work was in the song (to do the time warp). This of course warped them to the zombie town where the second part of the horror game appeared.

Rev. Jesse

First Post
A big lipstick 'V' for anyone who doesn't get it...

DonTadow said:
Almost forgot- the real cool part of yesterday's session was when i got to play the time warp video from the rocky horror picture show in the middle of the session. .... The timewarp video wasn't just played for the heck of it. The clue to making hte portal work was in the song (to do the time warp). This of course warped them to the zombie town where the second part of the horror game appeared.

Did anyone actually do the timewarp at the table?
And who is to blame, anyway?

That's awesome.

My DMs run some kinda holiday thing for Halloween, Xmas (Vampire Santa!), April Fool's and, occasionally, Thanksgiving (in Ravenloft. Feast of the Gobbler)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads