• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hollow's Last Hope [IC]

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
The party agrees to split up and try to enter the monastery from two directions. Jebbo and Cyryn move off to the right side where the wall has collapsed, while Jared, Hakkara, and Loricallior proceed through the riuned front doors.

Jebbo and Cyryn find that the wall has collapsed in such a way that it leaves a passable hole through the rubble, allowing fairly easy access, especially for the smaller Jebbo. Cyryn has to squeeze a bit, but passes through without trouble. Proceeding cautiously, they emerge into the monastery's courtyard. They see that Jared, Hakkara, and Loricallior are already in the same courtyard, having entered the straightforward way. With all five heroes having converged again in the same place, the party looks around in the morning sun.

Tall grasses and chunks of stone debris have all but overtaken the small yard. Off to one side, a wooden stable has collapsed into a mound of rotting timbers and moldy straw. The outer wall on the east side has also collapsed, leaving a ragged hole...this is where Cyryn and Jebbo entered. A well sits in the northwest corner of the yard, barely visible in the overgrown grass. Three doors exit from this yard—a pair of double doors to the west, a single door to the north, and a lone door leading into the squat tower in the southeast corner.

Actions?

Monastery%20101707.JPG

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Jebbo bites his lip contemplatively, and furrows his brow as he tries to remember the details. "Wasn't it a coupla iron mushrooms, or somethin' like that? Ah dunno the whereabouts of any metal mushrooms, though. Don't sound like good eatin' t'me, that's for sure..." Jebbo looks about the ruins, spotting the old well. "Hum. Wonder if'n that there well's still got somethin' left in it... Ah'm gonna go see what's in 'n about that well, over there." Jebbo moseys over to the well, mumbling, "Sure hope it's water... Or a good brew. Now, wouldn't THAT be somethin' t'tell stories 'bout!..."

[sblock=OOC]Alright, Jebbo's going to go check out the well over there. What does he see?[/sblock]

Azgulor

Adventurer
"Aye. Ironbloom mushrooms, I believe. Didn't Laurel say something about growing near metal? Perhaps we should look in the cellars. I've never known a dwarf that could resist digging a tunnel."

hero4hire

Explorer
"Most likely they grow near a forge of some sort." Jared said quiretly before he approached the open door to the North and peered inside.

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Nazhkandrias said:
Jebbo bites his lip contemplatively, and furrows his brow as he tries to remember the details. "Wasn't it a coupla iron mushrooms, or somethin' like that? Ah dunno the whereabouts of any metal mushrooms, though. Don't sound like good eatin' t'me, that's for sure..." Jebbo looks about the ruins, spotting the old well. "Hum. Wonder if'n that there well's still got somethin' left in it... Ah'm gonna go see what's in 'n about that well, over there." Jebbo moseys over to the well, mumbling, "Sure hope it's water... Or a good brew. Now, wouldn't THAT be somethin' t'tell stories 'bout!..."
Jebbo strolls over to take a closer look at the well. He sees that is has about 10 feet of rope dangling into it, though the water is more than 30 feet down and looks brackish. More alarmingly, lying next to the well is the body of someone who looks to have been devoured by a rather large animal. Looking closely into the long grass, Jebbo can see what looks like a rotting backpack under the body.

hero4hire said:
"Most likely they grow near a forge of some sort." Jared said quietly before he approached the open door to the North and peered inside.
Jared takes a quick look into the door, and sees a long hallway extending to the west. To the east, the hall ends at some sort of statue. Jared also sees, in the flickering light of his torch, another open door just to the northeast inside the hallway.

Monastery%20101807.JPG

Voadam

Legend
Azgulor said:
"Aye. Ironbloom mushrooms, I believe. Didn't Laurel say something about growing near metal? Perhaps we should look in the cellars. I've never known a dwarf that could resist digging a tunnel."

"She did, 'in the dark in a place thick with metal' were her words, I believe. She also called them stunty things and said she needed seven of them. Best to make sure we bring back enough."

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Jebbo stumbles back from the body, falling on his hands in surprise. He scrambles to his feet and backs towards the door, next to Jared. "Ahhh, Jared? Ah'm a-thinkin' y'might as well know that some poor souls been... well.... been chewed on a l'il bit, over there. He ain't lookin' so good, an' ah don't think he's a-gonna be gettin' any better..." Jebbo breathes deeply for a moment, and gestures to the well. "Dead man over there, with his pack. Wolves must've gotten to 'im, or somethin' bigger... Best we be keepin' both eyes open, if'n y'know what ah'm sayin'..."

Voadam

Legend
Loricallior joins the rest of the party in inspecting the dead man. The elf's eyes swirl draconically as he senses for magic in the area.

Remove ads