• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Holy cow! Palladium releasing PDFs!

Asmor

First Post
Whenever the topic of palladium comes up, I always hear two things.

1. They're litigious and don't like anyone doing anything with their stuff
2. Their system is terrible

I know nothing of their system. Anyone care to enlighten me?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I know nothing of their system. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Their system started as an AD&D alternative and, in thart regard, it's pretty spiffy. That said, in the intevening two and a half decades, it hasn't evolved very much. In that regard, it could use a lot of improvement. The setting material, though, it some of the most original, entertaining, stuff around. :D

Talath

Explorer
Holy crap on a stick!

I'm about to do something I've never done before in my life.

<praise>
Bravo, Palladium. Bravo.
</praise>

Don't tell my friends - they'll think I'm going soft.

Man-thing

First Post
I didn't see a link to this anywhere else on ENWorld yet but, apparently, Palladium Books will begin releasing PDF products through RPGNow/DriveThru this month! You can find references to this in their latest press release here (scroll down to the "Coming in April 2009" section). I can't wait to pick up 1st Edition copies of the Palladium RPG! :D

I'm waiting for Boxed Nightmares. I never could find that supplement. Email from Rpgnow indicated that material from Palladium would be up for sale on the 13th.

Imperialus

Explorer
How many posts before somebody claims this is related to Palladium's financial situation(s) of the past?

I doubt that very much... the great thievery conspiracy or whatever it was was a couple years ago now. Kev and the gang couldn't have limped along on goodwill for this long.

Still though, good for Palladium. Maybe one day Mr. Simbidia will try something different with what is at its core, a pretty cool system.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Two days after the "Industry Leader" pulls all their pdf's from the market...

...and the same day the President of WotC reveals in an interview that their products, including out of print products, will never be provided in pdf form again ...

... the "Anti-D&D" of the gaming industry releases that they will now be selling pdf's of their books at the very same online store that WotC just threw under the bus ...

Oh the sweet, sweet, Irony!

We are living in historic times my friends! ... Historic Times!:cool:

The Little Raven

First Post
Well, at the end of the day, it's a Palladium product. The vessel is different, but the content is the same--and in the case of the Palladium rules system, it's pretty bad content.

Exactly. Someone called this Palladium "moving forward," but I can't see how that is the case when it is the same old system in a new format. Now, if they actually revised their products and dealt with long-standing issues with their systems, I'd see them moving forward, but this just strikes me as an attempt at a new type of distribution to increase revenue without increasing the quality of their products. It's a side-step, not a step forward.

Remove ads