• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Holy item destruction

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Depends how difficult you want it to be?

To do it within the rules: I'd go for an Adamantine weapon with a high enhancement bonus. An alignment enchantment opposite to what you're trying to destroy probably wouldn't hurt.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
The Liche Ring artefact in a campaign I ran quite a while ago, which was -- as the name suggests -- an item whose power revolved around the undead, could be destroyed only by a strike with a Mace of Disruption, in the presence of a good, an evil and a neutral dragon.

So, to extract the relevant bit, any undead type unholy item would be well opposed by Mace of Disruption.

Jolly Giant

First Post
Strictly within the 3.5 rules ANY weapon can be used to sunder any other weapon. In other words, you can pick up a branch in the woods, fashion it into a crude club and start sundering epic unholy adamantine greatswords.

I'm sure a lot of people would want to make some houserules abouth this, something which I'll heartily recommend. IMC, we didn't discover the 3.5 rules for sundering until last session, so we've been using the 3.0 rules (under which you needed a weapon with equal or higher enhancement to sunder a weapon) so far. Since this campaign is drawing towards it's conclusion I'm not going to make any rules changes at this point; we'll just stick with 3.0 sundering a bit longer. For my next campaign there'll be some new houserules for sundering, but I have no idea what they'll be yet... :eek:

Draven

First Post
our party consists of a ranger a thief and a mage so we have little melee attackers for the moment. i am having our villan summon a death moon so as to awaken everything dead on the planet so as to take over. there are a few ways to stop him from doing said summoning he requires a black cross with silverish ruens adorning it's borders and the sacrafice of several hundred followers i just can't think of what else this ritual might require so any help would be much appreciated.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
DESTROY IT! What kind of good little folk run your plots in your game! Every evil guy and some good ones know you never ever destroy power! You horde it, saving it for that raining day when you may need it! It needs to be placed in a super secret hidden location and then everyone is told it has been destroyed! :D

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Draven

He might need to get some help to do it?

Perhaps he has to summon a devil/demon to oversee the ritual? Possibly an 'angel' of the death god?

Or a location to do the ritual:

With the astronomy links, an Egyptian style pyramid would seem to fit. Complete with holes in it to see certain star constellations and a huge sacrificial room/altar.

He'd need a lot of slaves to build one? Or he could use one that someone else built?

Either way it'd have an Indiana Jones kind of vibe. :)

Draven

First Post
our villan is a cleric of pholtus damned into vamparism for the riots he started after being unjustly banished from the church the first hundred years of his existence was devoted to trying to find a way back into pholtuses good graces. after that he basically gave up and began to hate all of the followers of pholtus. just to give everyone the state of mind he is in. he weilds a mace.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads