• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Holy Water in 4e?

underfoot007ct

First Post
You can always use the official version of Holy Water......................

Holy Water Level 1+ Common

Undead and demons react poorly to the touch of this liquid.
Lvl 1 20 gp
Lvl 6 75 gp
Lvl 11 350 gp
Lvl 16 1,800 gp
Lvl 21 9,000 gp
Lvl 26 45,000 gp

Alchemical Item:
Volatile Formula Cost: 50 gp
Key Skill: Religion Time: 1 hour
Z3a.gif
Attack Power (Radiant)
x.gif
Consumable (Minor Action)

Attack: Ranged 3/6 (one undead creature or demon); the item’s level + 3 vs. Reflex

Hit: 1d10 radiant damage.

Level 11 or 16: 2d10 radiant damage.
Level 21 or 26: 3d10 radiant damage.

Published in Divine Power, page(s) 157,
Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium, page(s) 132.

Last edited:

zoggynog

First Post
It used to bug the crud out of me that zombies didn't turn folks into zombies if they landed a successful attack at low levels (do they at all?).

Since holy water is accessible via ritual early on, I house ruled in a zombie disease that could be cured by addressing the bite with holy water within a specific time frame. Otherwise, you're a zombie.

I've also allowed holy water to break the illusion a demon had to disguise himself.

It seems to me like, it's good to have a way to deal with Holy Water damage, but it also should have several additional properties.

What happens if an undead is tricked (or forced) into drinking it? Can it be used to "bless" a weapon to attack insubstantial undead? These sort of things.

D'karr

Adventurer
It used to bug the crud out of me that zombies didn't turn folks into zombies if they landed a successful attack at low levels (do they at all?).

Since holy water is accessible via ritual early on, I house ruled in a zombie disease that could be cured by addressing the bite with holy water within a specific time frame. Otherwise, you're a zombie.

I've also allowed holy water to break the illusion a demon had to disguise himself.

It seems to me like, it's good to have a way to deal with Holy Water damage, but it also should have several additional properties.

What happens if an undead is tricked (or forced) into drinking it? Can it be used to "bless" a weapon to attack insubstantial undead? These sort of things.

As written it does none of these things, but they are all cool enough that you should discuss with your DM for inclusion in the game. If you are the DM all those ideas are great in a game.

Creative use of this stuff is what makes it interesting. Throwing it, simply to do damage, is the routine, "boring" part of the resource.

Remove ads