• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Homebrew class Feed back. Pact Mage (Onmyouji)

Uber Dungeon

First Post
My group and I have been watching Fairy tail, a character in it can summon Celestial creatures (outsiders) but doesn't have any magic of her own, witch was the origin of the concept that started this class. Discussing it with my group I have evolved the concept into this, the name is not official but for the moment we're referring to it as Pact mage. Please forgive the poor English as it requires some editing and is in Beta stages atm.

Explanation of class ability's

Hit Die: D8
Skills available: moderately skilled, 4+int/level
Low BAB, low FORT, low REF, high WILL

Weapon and armor proficiency: I decided to allow light armor without encoring arcane spell failure chances.

Ritual of summoning and Pact summon are two ability's but are just about one. one (Ritual of summoning) describes the benefits of making a pact with an outsider and the other (Pact Summon) describes they types of outsiders you can summon.

Share spell and Telepathic link; these are things that have evolved with the idea that the Pact Mage would be like a familiar to the outsider she summoned, we found the idea amusing.

Innate Arcane:This was added to help the Pact Mage better fit into the options of the Pathfinder/D&D universe.

Arcane Upsurge: This was added to the class to address that most early on Outsiders she could summon don't have very many spells per day. This gives me a little concern that later on levels it could be used to cast many of an outsiders high level spells per/day

Pact Synthesis: This is an ability that at higher levels could become intensely OP, But at the same time very fun. I feel that the wording of rules on this ability could use work atm as well.

Anyway, I have included the class in pdf format. I am interested to know what everyone thinks and what feed back everyone would have on this class concept.

View attachment Pact Mage _Onmyouji_.pdf

Remove ads