• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (Homebrew Class) The Performer

TheBob427

Explorer
Trying my hand at making a homebrew class (I'm open to suggestions for the name). The Performer is somewhere between the Fighter's Purple Dragon Knight and the Rogue's Swashbuckler, and inspired by the Dashing Swordsman, as described in OotS. They are charismatic combatants, whose stage is the battlefield.

Since I am making the class as I go, I will add the features bit by bit. The idea right now is that the core feature will be maneuvers similar to the Champion's maneuvers, but with a resources system more similar to that of the Mystic. The die spent on them have different purposes instead of just damage, and can be spent more than one at a time, with limits of how many dice can be spent on a maneuver.

The first level feature is as follows, and the class starts with 1 maneuver die, which is a d6, and the following maneuver, Rallying Cry.

Performing Warrior When you make an attack with a performer weapon, which is any weapon you gained proficiency with through the Performer class, you can use your Charisma modifier for attack and damage rolls instead of the regular ability modifier for attack and damage rolls.

Rallying Cry (maximum 2 maneuver dice) As an action on your turn, you can grant your allies that can see or hear you temporary hit points equal your maneuver dice roll. Alternatively, you can cause one ally within 30 feet that fell unconscious since your last turn that would be able to hear you to regain hit points equal to the number of dice spent on this maneuver. Once an ally has been brought back from unconsciousness in this manner, they cannot be brought back again in this manner until they have finished a long rest.

Thanks for your input.

Remove ads