• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Homebrew Website

Blacksway

Rock Monkey
After a request on the General Monster Talk forum I put together this little site for the posting of all your Homebrew creatures.

Please check it out, submit your creature, link to it, comment on it and do anything else with it you feel like.

http://www.blacksway.net/cc/

Devon

First Post
I tried to input a new critter, and I can't get the pull-down menus for Type and Size to work. I'm on Netscape 4.08, if that helps.

Otherwise, it looks great!

- Devon

Gish Makai

First Post
Devon said:
I tried to input a new critter, and I can't get the pull-down menus for Type and Size to work. I'm on Netscape 4.08, if that helps.

Otherwise, it looks great!

- Devon
What pull down menus?

Blacksway

Rock Monkey
You know I do this for a living and what drives me round the bend more than anything is how different IE and Netscape (not to mention the drended Mac) render HTML pages!

It appears to have been a stylesheet problem so I took them out, works fine now in NS 4.7 (the oldest one I've got)

Gish: The new drop down menus are for Type and Size, this makes it easier later on to add both sorting and searching features based on Type and Size. I wish I could do the same with Climate but unfortunately there are just too many variables to take into account.

Gish Makai

First Post
Should never be one for Climate but what about one for Alignment? 2 separate for alignment and Always, Usually, and Often.

Just a suggestion :)

Looks like we lost Avatars again!!!!!

Last edited:

Devon

First Post
Yay! Thanks, Blacksway -- it worked. I posted the Thanolisk.

It turns out I still had a bit of fine-tuning left to do with that one. Maybe I should go back and revisit more of my early attempts at 3e monster creation.

- Devon

Devon

First Post
question re: the half-fey template

Hey, Blacksway,

On your website, the half-fey template appears to have not come through well:

Special Attacks: 1d6: 1-3 Limited Stunning Beauty (Su), 4-6: Spell-like abilities Limited Stunning
Beauty (Su): This ability allows the half-nymph to affect all humanoids within 60 feet of the half-nymph.
It acts like the spell blindness (DC 10 + Cha Modifier). It is a f

It appears there is a characte limit to that field or something.

I would suggest you write "See below" for the Special attacks/qualities, and then go into more detail in the main description.

Otherwise, I am pleased that your website can so elegantly accommodate templates.

- Devon

Blacksway

Rock Monkey
Thanks, glad you like it.

The size limit on Special Qualities and Special Abilities had already been addressed, I'd just forgotten to edit my own creature (doh!)

On the issue of Alignment there are just too many 'what if' situations to make it possible to do that with drop-down boxes. For example my half-nymph template has an alignment of 'Mostly chaotic, never evil' - see :)

Keep checking as I will be updating as comments come in...

Devon

First Post
The size limit on Special Qualities and Special Abilities had already been addressed, I'd just forgotten to edit my own creature (doh!)

I checked out the updated version, and with the format, it's still unclear how many spell-like abilities they get, or how they are chosen. Not having line breaks in the Special Attacks section doesn't help, although punctuation could be used to separate the sections.

In the description it says they get 4/3 spells, and up in the Special Attacks section, it mentions that they get something 3/day as a sorceror.

It sounds like a great template. I should post my half-fey template. :)

- Devon

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads