• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hooray for CCleaner!

TogaMario

First Post
I downloaded an app called CCleaner after I read a good review in a PC mag a few days ago. Apparently, it cleans up tons of odds and ends that programs leave behind, and allows you to keep particular cookies if you don't want it wiping your saved login sessions. It's thorough and lot better than having to do it all manually. I cleared off 2,500 MB in less than 5 minutes, so it was worth the price of admission :D FREE. I can only offer slight caution that you be careful not to throw on the "Advanced" checkbox if you don't know what it does (essentially, it can be more thorough than the average user would like).

Although I know you can access the startup lineup from MSConfig.exe, it also includes this info and the ability to enable/disable certain processes. Very fun program :) Let me know if there are any other notable features that I missed.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
I don't think there's anything else to it, except for scanning for errors (or something like that, I'm on a work computer and can't see the program right now).

I love this program, and probably use it every time I have the computer turned on.

XCorvis

First Post
It's an excellent program. I make computer images for deployment at my workplace, and I run CCleaner right before I take the image. It cleans off a lot of junk that just doesn't need to be there. You can use those advanced features to reset certain things in Windows when they get goofed up.

Remove ads