• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hordes of the Abyss: Q&A

Ipissimus

First Post
Nightfall said:
Orcus man, I want Orcus. Especially if they use the pick that wasn't actually used in the FC I book but was in the art gallery.

That was a VERY nice Orcus pic. :)
Well, if the the articles follow the pattern so far, they'll do the Lords that have yet to be covered in the BoVD. Still, my prefences would be 1. Malcanthet 2. Gr'zzt 3. Orcus. Any of those would be most cool.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
you could be right, but it's hard to say exactly how they will come about. could be that the next 9 articles will be the other lords from FC1, or there could be some other ones interspersed throughout.

KL

First Post
Demonomicon of Iggwilv

Personally I hope the article will now focus on more obscure demon lords. I mean, we know too much about Demogorgon, Graz'zt, Lolth and Orcus.

How about Ilsidahur? Hordes of the Abyss is the first time he was mentioned since Dungeon Magazine.

Given the recent Age of Worms adventure path, I wouldn't be surprised if Miska, the Queen of Chaos and the Spyder-Fiends be next up (probably a two-part article for that one).

Of the demon lords featured on Fiendish Codex, the only one I can think who will be featured any time soon is Dagon.

sckeener

First Post
What I'd love to see is a Demonomicon article in Dragon and then have a different demon or devil in Dungeon that as some sort of connection to the Demonomicon article........I'd just like to see some Dungeon/Dragon/fiendish codex tie ins.

Shemeska

Adventurer
In order, those that I'd like to see articles on are:

Dagon
Alzrius
Pale Night
Lynkhab
Obox-Ob
Vucarik

I'll admit, the work that has been done over on Planewalker with regards to the ill-fated Harmonium attempt to invade the Abyss, and breaches of the Abyss back onto their world of Ortho, have really elevated Alzrius on my list. Plus, the fact that he sends little shreds of himself, tiny living flames, along with his favored servants into battle, immolating them eventually in the midst of battle when they light themselves on fire and run screaming into their foes... that's just cool.

Last edited:

Remove ads