• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hordes of the Abyss.

glass

(he, him)
BOZ said:
it would be too much to let sleeping dogs lie, would it? :D
I let the dogs lie while they were sleeping, but since they had been woken again anyway, I asked the question that had been bugging me.

glass.

Shade

Monster Junkie
James Jacobs said:
I say:

Dybbuk: DI-book (short 'I', like in "fin" or "shin", this is based on a real-world mythological creature from Hebrew/Jewish tradition, so it's already got a pronounciation out there)

Ekolid: EK-o-lid (this one I made up, and that's how I say it; rhymes with "Heck-oh-lid")

Sibriex: SIB-ree-ex (I made this one up too. Rhymes with RIB-glee-hex)

Guecubu: This one's the tricky one. Like the Dybbuk, this monster's based on a real-world mythological monster (they're evil spirits from Chili). I found its pronounciation online at one point while I was writing it up, and it's fun to say. Alas, I can't find it today. The first syllable starts in the back of your throat, like you're about to spit. The "G" is a soft sound. I guess the best way to write it down would be:

WHE-koo-boo

Thanks! I was waaay off on dybbuk. :lol:

Remove ads