• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hordes of the Underdark

LightPhoenix

First Post
annadobritt said:
What are all these bugs people say they run into? I received the game this past Monday, resisted the temptation to start playing for a whole hour, then proceded to play until 6am.

Finally got a chance to play again yesterday and took six tries to kill the final nasty (with great help from Deekin :D ).

The only bug I came across was a drow chest. When I started removing items from it, the game crashed. That's the only problem I had with the game.

Only complaint is after you kill the final nasty. The ending is a bit lame to me.
I hate you. :p

I've outlined the majority of the major bugs I've run into above. Again, I seem to just be getting unlucky. After six tries, I still haven't been able to get him dead. The problem (after poking around the toolset) is that they made Big Bad "Immortal" - that is, you can damage but not kill him. After set amounts of damage
he flies away and summons stuff
but you can interrupt that, especially in situations like mine where my guys are dealing heavy damage in short amounts of time, and like I (sort of) said, on a system closer to minimum than recommended.

The fix to this is simple - just uncheck the Immortal box, because there's no good reason to have it on. If my guys can take out Big Bad fast enough that he can't get off his mojo, well boo-sucks for him.

Other bugs have also been scripting related - I mentioned several in Chapter 2, as well as one in Chapter 3. The only one I'm not sure is scripting related is
the final guardian of the path appearing in the Windswept Battleground
, which I suspect is a combination of my computer's less than optimal specs and poor scripting (it seems to be skipping the heartbeat event which moves the enemy).

Asmo

First Post
First of all I want to say that I like Neverwinter nights and Shadows of Undrentide. I bought Hordes of the Underdark in hope that it would give me many hours of nice gameplay. Directly after the installation (wich worked amazingly well) my problems started: a lot of characters portraits is missing. I load a game from from SOU and several character portraits are missing there also.
Ok.. I start to build my charachter, I´m planning to make a Cleric. I level him up manually, but EVERYTIME the game crashes and I´m kicked out of the game. So I´ve not been able to play a second of this game :mad:
My comp can handle NWN and SOU, so it should be able to handle HOTU.

So I´m planning to run my 12 level druid from SOU. I can´t figure out how to transfer him over from SOU to HOTU?
The manual clearly says that you can do this without telling how to do this.

I´m reading the official boards over at Bioware and it seems that ALOT of people have big problems with the game, not only me.
I eagery await some patch who fixes all these issues mentioned on the boards (including my problem with the crash during the building of the character).

Asmo

Last edited:

KenM

Banned
Banned
I need help, i'm in Chapter 2 and the Mithril Golems keep kicking my butt. I also can't unlock/ open a door in that same area that you should be able to get into. My Rogue henchmen does not try pick the lock, and I can't bash it. I posted on the offical boards but not having any help.

KenM

Banned
Banned
luckystrike23 said:
ok i just got the game and i gotta know, am i gonna get my gear back?

I have found stuff better then my old stuff. I really hated that you loose all your gear. Really sucked for fighters.

luckystrike23

First Post
KenM said:
I have found stuff better then my old stuff. I really hated that you loose all your gear. Really sucked for fighters.

nice to see that even game developers aren't above the cheesiest of heavy handed dm tricks.

Really, why import a character you spent time leveling up and equipping when you can make a new character to be stripped of his belongings.

gfunk

First Post
luckystrike23 said:
Really, why import a character you spent time leveling up and equipping when you can make a new character to be stripped of his belongings.
Yep, they used to pull those shenanigans in the old SSI Gold Box games with Pools of Darkness being the sole exception.

Dark Jezter

First Post
luckystrike23 said:
ok i just got the game and i gotta know, am i gonna get my gear back?

Yes.
Towards the end of chapter 1, there is a box containing all of the gear that was stolen from you at the start of the game.

Len

Prodigal Member
KenM said:
I need help, i'm in Chapter 2 and the Mithril Golems keep kicking my butt. I also can't unlock/ open a door in that same area that you should be able to get into. My Rogue henchmen does not try pick the lock, and I can't bash it. I posted on the offical boards but not having any help.
There's a bunch of hints for beating the mithral golems on the NWN boards - Click here.

As for the locked door, I couldn't open it either (if it's the one I think it is).

LightPhoenix

First Post
Asmo said:
So I´m planning to run my 12 level druid from SOU. I can´t figure out how to transfer him over from SOU to HOTU?
The manual clearly says that you can do this without telling how to do this.
Choose HotU, and then choose Load Character and look for your Druid. SoU should have saved a copy of him right before the end movie.

I´m reading the official boards over at Bioware and it seems that ALOT of people have big problems with the game, not only me.
I eagery await some patch who fixes all these issues mentioned on the boards (including my problem with the crash during the building of the character).
Preaching to the choir! :)

That said, the 1.60 patch is scheduled to come out this week, possibly as early as tomorrow.

Remove ads