• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Horrid Wilting - Targets?

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
Quick question: in reading the description for Horrid Wilting, for targets, it says:

Targets: Living creatures, no two of whom can be more than 60 ft. apart

Does this mean that you can target any specific creatures you want in a 60 foot diameter? Or are all living creatures affected? I suppose this goes for all the "mass" spells as well.

Just making sure to avoid arguments with my DM...

Thanks!

HeavyG

First Post
As far as I know, that means you choose any number of targets within the area i.e. all enemies, no allies.

On the plus side, it's like an area effect spell that affects only enemies.

On the other hand, you can't target enemies you can't see with it.

android

First Post
Since it has a "Targets" entry, I propose that you have to actually target something. You'll notice that things like fireballs have "Area" entries. Just because it mentions that bit about the distance apart the targets can be doesn't mean it's no longer targeted. Compare the wording to the Chain Spell feat from T&B for another frame of reference.

the Jester

Legend
Targetted spells require you to target each subject of the spell, so it isn't gonna get your friends.

This is discussed to some extent on pg. 148 of the PH.

Remove ads