D&D 5E Horseman: Famine

Balfore

Explorer
Thinking of using levels of exhaustion as an aura and possibly lair action.
Also, the weakened condition as well..

What can get rid of exhaustion?
Can Greater Restoration, Heal, Cures etc get rid of this condition while in combat?

dave2008

Legend
Thinking of using levels of exhaustion as an aura and possibly lair action.
Also, the weakened condition as well..

What can get rid of exhaustion?
Can Greater Restoration, Heal, Cures etc get rid of this condition while in combat?

FYI, weakened isn't a "condition" in 5e. Yes there are spells that get rid of exhaustion (in combat), but so does rest (out of combat).

greater restoration = 1 level off exhaustion removed (this is the only one I found that removed exhaustion explicitly)

wish
true ressurection

Balfore

Explorer
FYI, weakened isn't a "condition" in 5e. Yes there are spells that get rid of exhaustion (in combat), but so does rest (out of combat).

greater restoration = 1 level off exhaustion removed (this is the only one I found that removed exhaustion explicitly)

wish
true ressurection
I was going to have an Aura and use the Weaken spell as a template.
They would make a CON save or be weakened...
Will that work?
Or is there no weaken spell?
I thought there was...lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Balfore

Explorer
Could always go the hex route for weaken, they get disadvantage on an attribute check.
That's the 1st level of exhaustion.
If an enemy starts their turn or enters it, they make a CON save.
If they fail, they take 1 level of exhaustion. As well as if they hit him.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
That sounds really deadly. After all, in six rounds they will be dead, and they're pretty much incapable of doing anything by three rounds. And only Greater Restoration gets rid of it, and that's a pretty high level spell, so very limited slots to use it with for a whole party.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

dave2008

Legend
I was going to have an Aura and use the Weaken spell as a template.
They would make a CON save or be weakened...
Will that work?
Or is there no weaken spell?
I thought there was...lol

There is no weaken spell in 5e yet. However, the gold dragon has a weakening breath that you could use as a template.

dave2008

Legend
That sounds really deadly. After all, in six rounds they will be dead, and they're pretty much incapable of doing anything by three rounds. And only Greater Restoration gets rid of it, and that's a pretty high level spell, so very limited slots to use it with for a whole party.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

It is deadly, which I assume he wants for horseman of the apocalypse. Could be to strong depending on his party. Also, at 20th level one person could cast greater restoration 9 times if they used all of their 5th - 9th level slots. Probably not the best resource management, but it can be done.

Balfore

Explorer
I'm willing to adjust it...
They have already fought Pestilence and War.
I told them each one is going to be more difficult, so Death is going to be very very hard...

There are 2 diviner wizards (1 is level 20), 1 warlock (level 20), 1 eldrich Knight, 1 war cleric, 2 fighters (1 is level 20) and 1 arcane trickster.
The others are level 18.
All are decked out.
5 PCs are living artifacts (they have absorbed a shard into their bodies which gives them all 10 ft auras, and immunity to Charm and Fear- so that means those that cast magic are considered to be spells from an artifact).
The battle takes place on a round platform 40 feet above the ground and balanced on a pyramid.
Famine is unaffected by the balancing.
When the players attempt to get on the platform, they have to make a DC 20 DEX save or fall and roll off.
If they fail 3 times, they take a point of exhaustion and falling damage.

Here is what I have so far...
Please let me know how to adjust it :)

8800d16c114bc7b9847f26b610960d0e.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads