• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hotels Near the Gameday Site?

There's a Days Inn at 4400 Connecticut that's within walking distance, and an Omni Shoreham and a Marriot at Connecticut and Calvert (about 1 mile). The latter two are fairly upscale (read: expensive). There is an Embassy Suites at the Friendship Heights Metro (three stops from the gameday location) that is nice and not too expensive.

Any place in the city proper (well, any place I'd let anyone stay) is going to be on the pricey side. Further out I'm not really familiar with, though. I do know a ton of tourists stay at the cluster of hotels at Crystal City, which is also very Metro convenient.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I believe we're staying at the Holiday Inn that is less than a mile away from the gameday site. It's the hotel that RI recommenced somewhere around here.

Queenie122 said:
I believe we're staying at the Holiday Inn that is less than a mile away from the gameday site. It's the hotel that RI recommenced somewhere around here.

The Hoiday Inn is more than a mile (probably closer to 3.5) but it's very close to the Metro and it's only three stops away (<10 minutes travel time). And its in one of the nicer sections of town (although, technically, I think it's in Maryland by a couple blocks).

The_Universe

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
The Hoiday Inn is more than a mile (probably closer to 3.5) but it's very close to the Metro and it's only three stops away (<10 minutes travel time). And its in one of the nicer sections of town (although, technically, I think it's in Maryland by a couple blocks).
For those of us who will be driving, what's the parking situation at the gameday site?

The_Universe said:
For those of us who will be driving, what's the parking situation at the gameday site?

From the 'Location Info' thread:

Rodrigo said:
Daytime parking in the complex parking lot is (supposedly) permissible, but they start getting snarky at night unless you have a visitor's pass. I can probably get one or two of those, but they're going to laugh at me if I come ask for many. Parking on the streets is usually available, though, and I'm pretty sure there are no residential restrictions on the weekends. I'll check on that at some point.

One of my parking passes I'll need for Glassjaw if he ends up staying with me. Someone else asked about handicapped parking, so I'd have to have one for them, too.

Plan on street parking if you must drive. There is a synagogue next door that has a fairly high attendance for Saturday services, but at the time we're starting I don't think there will be a problem.

The_Universe

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
From the 'Location Info' thread:

One of my parking passes I'll need for Glassjaw if he ends up staying with me. Someone else asked about handicapped parking, so I'd have to have one for them, too.

Plan on street parking if you must drive. There is a synagogue next door that has a fairly high attendance for Saturday services, but at the time we're starting I don't think there will be a problem.
Thanks for the clarification.

Remove ads