• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House rule #1: "You can attempt to go anywhere."

transcendation

First Post
DMG pg. 48...

The Verisimilitude Rule. Cool, I missed that. But the house rule as written (HRAW) has the further ramification that if the players go off the map, the DM can't just say "sorry, but that part of the world isn't developed yet".

It's his duty to make them believe that it is ready.

While players may need to step up their level of play to survive placed encounters that are above their characters' abilities, so to must the DM ramp it up when it's called for. Like ad libbing a new country, or whatever the gaming situation requires.

transcendation

Emirikol

Adventurer
Felix said:
I hear 4e is developing a "Players must feed DM" rule for Chapter 1 of the PHB. Make sure everyone knows it's not just a house rule.The player lobby is attempting to amend it to read: "Players must feed DM in proportion to loot and XP", but it's recieving a lot of resistance in the appelate courts. And if "Players must feed DM" doesn't fill a gap where a RAW should be, then I don't know what does.

Aint that the truth. The players lobby is quite powerful.
:)
jh

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Tetsubo said:
The Spiked Chain does not exist.
That, my friend, is probably the best house-rule I've ever seen. :)

My favorite house rule is allowing the Skill Focus feat to "buy" class skills. Any skill that you take the Skill Focus feat for becomes a class skill for your character. Bluff, Tumble, and Use Magic Device are the most popular choices, obviously...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads