House Rules: Two Weapon Fighting as One Feat

Ahnehnois

First Post
What was their take again, I dont remember...
The iterative progression sort of becomes flurry of blows. You get a second attack, but instead of being at -5, both your attacks are at -2. The penalty to both attacks is reduced when you would get iteratives 3 and 4, such that at 16th level, your full attack is two attacks at no penalty.

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
You may want to think about feats to replace the TWF tree for Rangers (and in general), though, as Two-Weapon Defense is horrible as is...
This.

Really, you could easily throw all the TW Defense feats on the 'free with TWF' pile and remain more than fair.

As far as I can see, Sneak Attack was designed and 'balanced' on the assumption that the Rogue would get to use it once per round.
We all know how the devs play tested 3e with the four narrowly-themed D&D archetypes, so your assumption isn't unreasonable. On the other hand, the TWF chain inexplicably stops before it would grant a fourth off-hand attack, which implies that the devs may have had the rogue and his medium BAB in mind when designing those feats.

On the other other hand, the Weapon Focus/Spec line also inexplicably stops well before 20th level so...well I suppose your guess is as good as mine. :)

Remove ads