• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Houston game stores

sckeener

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Okay, my theory now is that I just incited more Houston gamers to post here.

hmmm...I'm thinking about subscribing to the thread and bumping it every once in awhile to give other Houston gamers a place to chat...

Jdvn1 said:
You guys should put yourselves on here! It takes like two minutes to do!
http://www.frappr.com/enworld

;) I count 10 people on the map for the Greater Houston area....admittedly it had my old address from the last time I added myself, but since I still live in the same area, no big difference.

there has to be more than 10 of us on enworld.....

cthulhuhatesyou

First Post
I'm new to the area myself, having moved to Pearland in September from the Boston, MA area.

The two stores I visit most are Montag's and Nan's. Montag's has a small selection of RPGs but I like going there since Guy will place orders for me for books I'm looking for. The fact that the store is less than 10 minutes away is a plus as well. I go to Nan's probably once or twice a month depending on what I'm looking for, usually the more obscure d20 books or back issues of Dungeon magazine. Sometimes it's a hit or miss scenario finding what you want, but the store is full of goodies to look at... and know you can't buy them all or your wife will chop off a limb :)

I work up in the FM 1960 area between I-45 and 249 and there are some hidden gems around there as well. Half Price Books will have a decent book every once and a while, I picked up some Nyambe books by Atlas Games there a while back. There's a store called Bookstop (affliated with Barnes & Noble I believe) on 1960 and Kuykendall which has a decent selection of books.

I'm glad to see other Houston-area gamers, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you and my crazy schedule will cooperate with me.

Nans

It's hard to believe that Nans is still around , and still a good gaming store.

Nans was the D&D source back in the 70s in Houston. It's where I, as a child, bought my first issue of The Dragon. Originally it was in the Galleria, then it moved out to (as I recall) Sheperd and West Gray, and got way bigger.

Does the same guy still own it? He must be old now.

Ken

sad_genius

First Post
I visited Houston about a month ago thanks to Theron, and I'd give my nod firstly to Midnight - great service, lots of stuff, nice atmosphere, and secondly to Nan's which had old schoolness oozing from every pore. Houston doesn't know how lucky it is :p

bbarrington

First Post
Another Houstonian here. I moved to Houston two years ago and started my local gaming group from four other ENWorlders. We played pretty consistently until last fall when I got married and moved to The Woodlands. We still get together and game down in Houston every few months and hopefully back on schedule this month.

Enigmas looks like a great store for me since I live on the back end of Woodlands Pkwy right near FM2978. If anyone is interested I'm looking to start a second game up here in The Woodlands / Montgomery / Spring / Tomball area. It'll be either Age of Worms or a third run(!!!) of Shackled City.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
sckeener said:
hmmm...I'm thinking about subscribing to the thread and bumping it every once in awhile to give other Houston gamers a place to chat...

there has to be more than 10 of us on enworld.....
That's what I've been saying for the longest time!

At least I'm not the only one that doesn't frequent houstongamers.org

Remove ads