• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How about a Contest for CMGers?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I am thinking that I should have a little contest of some sort for Creative Mountain Gamers to show my appreciation to everyone who has signed up to become a member. I will take suggestions in this thread about the type of contest but ultimately I will need to decide how it will go since there are various laws/rules about how these kind of things should function. Any ideas?

Mark

From the Pub Forum -

3e/D20 Trivia? Name the sourcebook?

Hmmm. I think the winner of that is the one with the best ability to search their pdfs or the Internet. That's a good thing but not really a measure of actual trivia knowledge. In the past I have kept contests simple so that everyone has a viable entry and chance but also so that it takes little skill and counts mostly on luck. It's the toughest kind of contest to fix and leaves it open for anyone to win.

Mark

How about a "most creative kobold trap design?" since you appear to be doing a lot with Kobolds at GenCon.

I think this month might be the swansong for Kobolds since you, me, Paizo, WotC, and everyone else has been piling them on so much lately. I will have the three Paizo pieces, along with my 3rd-level Barbarian handy, and your "hit squad" ready for action this Saturday, and for the next couple of weeks with my home group. After August, I think it will be time to move on. The world is ready for a new villain, me thinks.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The world is ready for a new villain, me thinks.

Well, there's your contest!

You set the parameters for the new critter's power level, general rulesets to use (IOW, Core only, Core + Completes, Magic of Incarnum only, whatever*), set a time limit, and then "Ready, Set, GO!"

*Yes, I know those are all WotC products. I don't have any CMG products.

Mark

That might work. I think I might run a series of contests for naming new villains/creatures. I will start one this month. Thanks.

Remove ads