• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How about "Witch" instead of "Warlock"?

Rechan

Adventurer
As for changing the warlord name, there was a poll a few weeks ago here of people trying to find a better name, and no one seemed to agree on what was better.

I personally Warlord, but agree there are too many Warlo names.

(But then, I don't like Fighter. We don't call the wizard Blaster or the Rogue Sneaker, or the cleric Healer.)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
You guys are going to hate the PHB-II's new classes based around Finance as a power source.

From the "wild" controller Warlobola to the city-wise leader Warlobbyist, from the strong defender Warlockbox to the unstoppable striker Warloanofficer, we've got your Warlo- covered (so you don't have to cover it yourself)!

Cheers, -- N

Imp

First Post
Don't forget the Warlockpicker prestige class/ paragon path/ whateverthenuts they're calling it. Also the Warloo, choice stronghold of the Warlo classes!

I think I may have been the one who first brought this up around here, suggesting then that Warlock kill the sorcerer and take its name too. But what about "Champion" for Warlord? I know, like "warlord", the name jumps the gun a bit, but its connotations aren't as limited: it can be a good guy or a bad guy, a winner or even a loser. (Hector!) Thoughts?

Aloïsius

First Post
The worst part : I'm quite sure a warlock/warlord is a good character build.

Now, imagine a warlock/warlord warforged... Definitively silly.

Felon

First Post
the_myth said:
Perhaps you missed this part of my post:

People would recognize it, despite the wide variety of images and ideas of "witches" we have in modern culture.
I got ya, I was merely being facetious. :cool:

Skyman

First Post
Aloïsius said:
The worst part : I'm quite sure a warlock/warlord is a good character build.

Now, imagine a warlock/warlord warforged... Definitively silly.

Warren Warwick, the warlock/warlord warforged with a warhammer riding a warhorse to war!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I dislike 'witch' as an option, I feel it has too much baggage attached (I felt the same in Arcana Unearthed too).

Warlock is OK, but if there was a need to avoid Warlo- name overload, I think that the best choice for an alternate magic user would obviously be sorcerer (since that has already been presented quite successfully as an alternative magic user these last 8 years).

Sorcerer for the win!

Someone

Adventurer
Skyman said:
Warren Warwick, the warlock/warlord warforged with a warhammer riding a warhorse to war!

Warren Warwick, the wild warforged wizard/warlock/warlord whacking a wererat with a warhammer!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads