• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Are You Passing the Time Until June?

How Are You Passing the Time Until June?

• Playing D&D 3.5E

Votes: 126 52.1%
  • Filing a tax extension.

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • Reading the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy again.

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Dreaming up things to like about 4E.

Votes: 71 29.3%
  • Dreaming up things to hate about 4E.

Votes: 22 9.1%
  • Counting the days until Pathfinder is released.

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • Playing 4E "Lite."

Votes: 61 25.2%
  • Tellign people who complain about 4E Lite that it isn't meant to be a complete rules system, sheesh.

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Fishing for largemouth bass.

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Converting my favorite adventure/module to the 4E rules.

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Looking for a new gaming group.

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Playing World of Warcraft.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • Watching the WotC website like a hawk.

Votes: 94 38.8%
  • Policing the Gleemax blogs for scoops.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Cleaning my room.

• Critiquing the artwork.

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Arguing on teh internets.

Votes: 74 30.6%
  • Playing AD&D.

• Catching up on housework.

Votes: 29 12.0%
  • Planning the ultimate D&D campaign.

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Trying to figure out how healing surges work.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Doing something with the kids, I guess.

Votes: 33 13.6%
  • Typing up my 4E houserules.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Two words: World Building.

Votes: 86 35.5%
  • Typing "QFT!," clicking "Submit New Thread."

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Rolling up the ultimate ranger.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Fixing the warlord.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Rotating my tires.

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Converting my current campaign to 4E.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Shopping for dice.

• Convincing my sig-o that I really, really need new books.

Votes: 29 12.0%
  • Studying the rules for movement and marking.

• Rewriting some/all of the power names.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other, because I am compelled to always click "Other" option.

Votes: 50 20.7%
  • Other, because I plan to do this instead (explain).

Votes: 38 15.7%

• Poll closed .

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
I'm DMing my own gloriously mutilated version 3.75 (a Planescape campaign); that consists of mixing 3.5 with Saga, and everything we know about 4th Ed.

Actually, that's what I'll miss most when 4th Ed finally hits the streets - endless speculation of 4th Ed and tweaking of my 3.75 campaign.

cmrscorpio

Explorer
I'm doing alot of world building. I've been writing flavor notes and history for a campaign world off and on for the past 2 years, but I was always reluctant to start making it into a true campaign setting using 3.5 because it just didn't seem to fit well. Now with all the things I've been hearing about 4e, I think I can do justice to what is in my head and in my notes when I bring my setting to life when my group starts playing 4e.

Toryx

First Post
I clicked on both playing 3.5 and other (explain) because I'm also playing around with Paizo's new rules. And the reality is, I'll still be doing that after 4e comes out.

jinx crossbow

First Post
What I do until 4ed is out.

- reading the Dark Heresy rulebooks. Maybe I start a campaign in autumn.
- this month will come the new traveller. I will read some of the soruces.
- hopefully painting some miniatures.

JinX

Reading the "lite" version, but with the understanding that things in that version may not be too accurate... so I'm not world building or running anything 4e.

I am however scanning the web for any crumbs, especially here at ENWorld.

sunrisekid

Explorer
I'm already playing 4E-lite with my players, which means ad hoc shoe-horning of rules, arbitrating by fiat, faking dice-rolls, denying requests to create bards 'n' druids, "discouraging" spell-casting, cooking up ways to rebalance classes...

Basically I'm playing the same as when I was 13 and possessed nothing but a 1E DMG, and loving every minute of it. :)

Ahwe Yahzhe

First Post
I will be...

...helping Reaper Steve organize Military Game Day 2008 in Iraq. I've already DMed through Raider of Oakhurst, Second Son, Return of the Burning Plague, and Escape from Sembia (anybody have a .pdf of the Scalegloom Hall adventure?). I've already pored through every forum and version of the PHB Lite. I've ordered my magnetic markers from Alea Tools to keep track of all that pesky "Marker/Marked" and "Combat Advantage" stuff.

Now I'm trying to find DMs in the Camps and FOBs around places like Baghdad (where I will be soon), Mosul, Basra, Kirkuk, and Tikrit. (How cool would it be to game in the shadow of the Gates of Nineveh!) Wizards will send the stuff to Reaper Steve to allow for the extra two weeks' shipping time needed, but we need to lock down game groups and volunteers ASAP. If you know any gamers serving overseas, drop a line at info@militarygameday.com or check out this thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=223463

Just because we're deployed overseas doesn't mean we don't get to play 4th Edition when everybody else does!

-Colin

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads