• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Big, ... Way Big

Don Ventresca

First Post
Umm yah, a basic (stupid) question. What size category would an alien 100 feet tall be?

The reason you ask? Becuase Somewhere in the depth of the Homebrew Catalog thread, someone was working on Making the Ben 10 aliens, & I shall continue it.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That would be Colossal. I'm not sure if it's the first place it shows up, but the 3e Draconomicon talks about Colossal+ creatures, and these might actually fit that. They have the same space as Colossal critters but longer reach IIRC.

Herzog

Adventurer
everything larger than gargantuan is colossal.

It might be larger, and take up more space than the 'lower limit' of colossal, but the size category is still colossal.

(NB: the colossal space starts with 6x6 5' squares, but the colossal red dragon miniature is 8x8)

Aus_Snow

First Post
You might want to check out Eternity Publishing's Immortals Handbook line (or what there will ever be of it, anyway) - some of it is in print via the Flaming Cobra imprint of Mongoose Publishing, else RPGNow, DriveThruRPG (and other places?) have the PDFs for purchase.

Among many other things, it extends the range of size categories up and down, quite a bit. The Immortals Handbook appendix v5 is also worth looking at for a considerably more accurate CR, EL, and ECL calculations.

But I digress. . .

frankthedm

First Post
Epic level handbook had a "Colossal+" size category for a few things.
Although there is no size category larger than Colossal, the oldest epic dragons deal more damage with their attacks than other Colossal dragons, as shown on the Epic Dragon Face and Reach and Epic Dragon Attacks tables below. In addition, the breath weapon of the oldest epic dragons is a larger cone than most Colossal dragons possess. The size modifier for these dragons remains -8.
colws0.png

Last edited:

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
I perfer the term Awesome used in Mutants and Masterminds to Colossal+. When I use rules for building starships I use something more like Star Wars rather than d20 Future so the size categories beyond Awesome are: Ultralight Ship, Light Ship, Medium Ship, Heavy Ship, Superheavy Ship.

Remove ads