• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How can I make a fighter wield 2 2-handers?

xrast3u

First Post
I always thought it would be cool to carry 2 large, 2 handed blunt weapons and crush a few skulls. What feat combination and / or penalties would be required for such a combination? Too many reference books, so little time.

;)

Starbuck_II

First Post
I always thought it would be cool to carry 2 large, 2 handed blunt weapons and crush a few skulls. What feat combination and / or penalties would be required for such a combination? Too many reference books, so little time.

;)
Only way to use a 2x 2 handed weapon would have 4 arms since it takes 2 hands to use a 2 handed weapon.

Now, you can use a Large one handed weapon (monkey grip, Strong arm bracers, powerful build, etc), but not 2 handed meduims.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Video Game Magic Items from The Le Games has a feat, called Sure Grasp, that lets you wield a two-handed weapon in one hand. You could use that and wield two two-handed weapons, though it specifies that you take additional penalties for dual-wielding while using this feat.

SolitonMan

Explorer
You could play a thri-kreen.

Depending on your available gold, you could create/commission an item that gives you girallon's blessing on command.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

pawsplay

Hero
Monkey Grip and, uh, it's called Oversized Wielding or something like that. Reduces the penalty for a non-light weapon in your off-hand by two. The net result would be two attacks at -4 or one at -2. To make this really effective, you might want to take levels in Tempest and/or take some of the feats that allow you to use two weapons as a standard action.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Like the Thri-Kreen, DCv1's Diopsids can also wield 2 2-handed weapons at once.

I believe there is also a Multi-limbed template- if its not in Savage Species or one of the MMs, its in the Book of Templates or some such.

Monkey Grip and, uh, it's called Oversized Wielding or something like that.
I don't know about that- some DMs would differ.

Neither Monkey Grip (nor Powerful Build) reduces the effort it takes to wield a weapon- IOW, neither lets you use a 2 handed weapon as a one-handed weapon.

Oversized Weapon lets you use a weapon of a larger size class, but again, doesn't explicitly let you use a 2 handed weapon one-handed.

s-dub

First Post
There's really no rules distinction between 1 and 2 handed weapons. Size determines how many hands you need to wield a weapon. For example, I believe one of the book's examples would be a small halfling paladin could wield a normal longsword as if it were a small greatsword.

For meduim creatures the weapon damage progression goes thusly
1d8 -> 2D6 (Longsword -> Greatsword)

So if you wanted to wield a Greatsword in each hand it is possible per rules. I beleive you'd need a combo of powerfull build or strongarm bracers and monkey grip feat. Wield oversize weapon would help as well.

I don't have books with me but that's the best I could come up with here =)

Remove ads