• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How did u get friends to play d&d?

AZNtrogdor

First Post
How did u get friends to play d&d with u?

One member of my party really hit the ground running, he started playing as a dm and leaned all the rules really well over the years.

An other member of my party is the exact oppisite he kinda just was hanging out at my friends house during our second session of our campaign. When he got there he thought he was going to be playing poker! :lol: LOL

Trance Fiend

First Post
It was Sophmore year in high school, and I was talking to this guy during Study Hall (who later became my best friend) about comic books. Well, somehow the discussion turned to Video Games, then turned to D&D. I last played AD&D with my cousin when I was 11 years old, and described the few adventures I had playing with him. Well, this got my buddy all excited, and he wanted to check it out. So we hit the hobby shop near the high school with some friends, and we all pitched in for the PHB, DMG...and I got the grey box for FR. The first adventure I ran was the one in the Shadowdale booklet. We were hooked ever since.

Razz0putin

Explorer
years ago many more than I care to count my freinds introduced me to D&D. I remember thinking you want me to read all of this. It was the basic D&D book and I thought they were just crazy. Now I have to force myself to read something else :)

IronWolf

blank
One of my friends in middle school at the time had a collection of D&D books too. We both were going to start a game together and it was only natural to invite our at that time non-D&D playing friends too. It wasn't that hard to get a group together, even in the small school system I went to.

AZNtrogdor

First Post
Sorry if this wasnt clear, u can also write about how u got into the game as well.

I was playing phantasy star at my friends house when i got invited to play at his older brother's dnd game that afternoon.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
My youngest brother got it into his head to buy the MM after looking through it at a store. I'd played a few one-shots with a friend of mine, and told him that if he bought the MM, I'd convince the parents and buy the other core books. So, it worked out, and after a little while my other brother wanted to play with us, so that was cool. Then, our friends, who I thought wouldn't be interested, got interested, and joined. I later started playing with some other friends who'd already been into freeform RPGs and such.

And not a one of 'em will buy books :mad:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads