• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How did you come to EN World?

Stormonu

Legend
Wow, been here six years - hope it doesn't disqualify me for this.

I first came from PlanetAD&D. They had a big crash, so I moved over to the WotC forums. However, since the WotC designers would only post on this board and not their own, I started coming here to find out what was going on in design. I found I liked it better here than on WotC's forums, and when the gleemax forums were replaced, it was the last straw - this became my permanent home. (Though of late I've been drifting over to check news and rumours on DakkaDakka).

Ratskinner

Adventurer
Many many moons ago...I was actually on the WotC lists when 3e was being birthed. I witnessed ENworld's birth. I got away from it for many years, and re-joined as D&DNext came to my attention. Although, honestly, 13th Age is starting to look more like my perferred new D&D style game. (There's still plenty of time for that to change, though.:) )

Many many moons ago...I was actually on the WotC lists when 3e was being birthed. I witnessed ENworld's birth. I got away from it for many years, and re-joined as D&DNext came to my attention. Although, honestly, 13th Age is starting to look more like my perferred new D&D style game. (There's still plenty of time for that to change, though.:) )

This is literally word for word my story as well (although while 13th age won't scratch my 4e itch, it will definitely be in the rotation!). However, I supposed I was also inclined to involve myself in some of the more vigorous 4e discussions, and thoughtful commentators, as well.

I hadn't played for many years, but a friend convinced me to join a group that he was in playing in. Each week, I drove 2 hours each way to play, but I was excited to play again, and I enjoyed the Midnight setting in which we were playing. Since I was just getting back into gaming, the GM of the Midnight campaign recommended a couple of sites, one of which was ENWorld. About 6 months after joining the group, 4E was announced and I've been here ever since for the latest information and great community.

Dwimmerlied

First Post
I lurked for years :D. Maybe since 2005 or -06, just following random threads every now and then. I don't know why ENworld; I guess the site had enough web presense to be the result of many of my googles. I only joined this year; I think becasue it seemed a good place to post questions.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads